17. The Doubts

"You said she was an unworthy Alpha?" Fritz asked his twin quietly among the silence that fell upon the room. Alejandro didn't answer, just pointed his gaze at the floor and shuffled his feet a bit with his hands in his pockets.

"Anyways, if you guys would stay for dinner, we could chat about you guys joining my empire." I suggest after a long silence, looking to the lycans who are not part of my pack.

"Absolutely, we know if we do not join at will, you'll find a way to get us in the pack anyways. But, we all know you're gonna be a good Alpha, it's what you were born to do." Suzanna answers with a smile almost immediately.

I nod to them and shortly after, leaving for my office to get the paper work all ready for their surrender to the Shinigami Pack. It's weird to think it all started with Theo asking me when I would start a pack. I guess I kind of always knew it would come down to this, I just didn't think it would happen this fast.

After a while, I met them all in the dining hall, including Theo and David, Jacob and his mate Claire, Tony and his mate Gabriella, and Ellie. They all seemed to enjoy each others company, especially Sven and Ellie. They seemed to hit it off, I'm surprised since they aren't mates, honestly they would be a cute couple.

"Everyone listen up." I say catching the attention of the people of the table. "I have an idea, I need you guys to tell me if it's crazy or if it's a good idea." I say thinking of what I could do for the future generations of the pack. They all nod and listen intently as I bring my idea to the table. "What if, we had a ball every year. All people 18 and over that are unmated show up and spend a night together, searching their mates. It would give people a chance to mingle with people across the nation, also to find mates they never thought they'd meet."

Everyone looks as though they are in deep thought until Wilbur speaks up. "That's a great idea. I think you should do it, exactly for what you said, to give people a chance to meet their mates faster. You can call it the mating ball or something in that sorts."

"I'll get all the Alphas down next week for a conference to tell them all about it. We can have it next month." I say, mostly to myself, thinking of all the preparations that will come. They nod and I see Ellie fidgeting her hands, probably nervous about her new duties. I'll make sure to talk to her tomorrow, make sure she is ok with this.

After dinner, the lycans all had to leave, it made me sad but I had a lot of paperwork and preparations to do. I truly was happy when Fritz, Suzanna and Wilbur surrendered their packs so I wouldn't have to take them, it made me feel like they actually liked the idea of me being their Alpha. Which they do, they stated it many times throughout dinner just to make sure Alejandro felt bad for his words. Which he did, after dinner he apologized and said that I am more than capable of being the Alpha.

After a bit of paperwork, I went to see Ellie who was in her room. I walked up to the wooden door and knocked lightly, just in case she was already sleeping so I wouldn't wake her. Moments later, a tired looking Ellie, in shorts and a tank top and her hair thrown in a bun on top of her head, showed at the door. "Hey I know it's late, but do you wanna talk?" I ask with true sincerity. She nodded and opened the door wider for me to enter. I nodded to her and she walked in and sat on the bed, patting next to her.

Sitting down next to her, I heard her heavily sigh and she began fidgeting with her hands again. I grabbed her hands and her eyes met mine. "I'm scared Alpha." She says in a whisper, almost too quiet for me to hear. I look to her and she continues "I just don't know if I'm the right person for the job, I'm practically a child, I know nothing about leading people. I know that's not my job, but when you leave, that means I'm in control and I don't know if I'm ready for that." She says looking to her hands, I can hear the uncertainty in her voice, it almost pains me in a way.