3.Lycan Senses

Xenia took us to an old cottage. Inside I found a sports bra and sweatpants and conveniently, no shirt. Oh well. In my new attire, I walk back in the direction of the pack house, passing many other people. Werewolves, Xenia whispers to me as we pass a them, I nod and continue towards the house.

"Good to see you survived your first shift." Alaric says as he sees me approach the house.

"Uh Yeah, I guess I owe it all to Xenia. She really did most of it." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"So I guess you finally let your wolf out?" Mason asks as he walks out the door of the house, walking closer to me. I nod and rub my arm shyly, realizing I'm not wearing a shirt. "Come on, I think we should go talk to the Alpha."

"And why is that?" I ask reluctant to follow him.

"I think it would be better for you to have a cottage instead of being in the house with the majority of us." I nod, sounds pretty good to me.

Walking into the Alpha's office again, I see he has a bright smile as I enter. "What brings you here Rudina?"

"Since she is joining the pack, I thought it would be better for her to have a cottage instead of staying in the main pack house, just because she is a little more independent than others." Mason says speaking up before I can even answer.

"I think you're right Mason, but there's only one cottage vacant at the moment. And it's the one you got those clothes from. It's not far from the rest of us but it is a bit run-down." He says turning his gaze back towards me.

"If you don't mind, I'd love to fix it up. I always love a good project." I say bringing my opinion to the table.

"Then it's settled, Alaric can take you in his car to go collect your things from your house. When you get back we can officially add you to the pack." He says looking back down to his paper work, getting back to work immediately. I take the hint and leave his office with Mason not far behind.

Meeting Alaric outside, I explain the situation and almost immediately we jump into his car. The car ride is silent, I don't really feel like talking right now, it's weird but I feel like I don't even know him anymore.

"Mom? Dad? Are you home?" I ask as I walk in the front door.

"In here honey." My mom calls from the living room. I enter the room to see my parents lying on the couch watching movies together. "What is it honey?" My mom asks with her sweet gentle voice.

"I'm uh, sort of moving out. Guess you finally got rid of you 18 year old daughter." I say rubbing my arm, hoping they won't flip their shit.

They look to each other and smile, "that's great honey, we wish you the best." They both get up and give me a big hug.

"Thanks, Alaric and I are gonna go pack up my stuff." I say as I pull away, they nod and go back to their movie.

Alaric helps me pack up my room but I decide to leave something's behind so I have a reason to come see my parents at a later time.

"Hey do you think you could take me to the store? I need to get some paint, cleaner and some food for the fridge in my cottage." I ask as we load the last of the boxes into his car.
"Yeah sure, as long as I can come over for dinner tonight." He replies while getting in the drivers side.
"Deal, but I can't promise anything fancy." I answer getting in the car as well, he looks at me and let's put a chuckle as we pull away from my house.

First we went to the hardware store, I ended up getting three cans of paint, white, black, and light blue. I also picked up various cleaners for the destines of the old cottage.