18. Hati?

That's right, double update. I've had time recently so I've been doing some writing. Don't forget to read the authors note at the end!

———————————-

"Is everything set for our guests?" I ask looking to Jacob and Tony.

"Yes, people should start showing up within the hour Alpha. The ball is set to run smoothly tonight." Jacob answers immediately and without hesitation.

"Perfect, now excuse me, I have a few things to do before Sven and Alejandro get here." I say nodding to the two men. They nod as well and go off in their own direction while I head to my office.

I sigh and sit down in my desk, moments later, Ellie walks in with a piece of paper in her hands. She seems to be glaring holes straight through the paper, so I speak up, "Is it another note?" I ask grasping her attention. She sighs and nods, handing me the well written note.

It read:

"Dearest Alpha Rudina,

I'm sorry to crash your ball, but you will fall. We can't have a female Alpha, not right now anyways. I'm sorry, but it has to be done. If you try to stop me from entering the ball, things will end badly. Don't fight the truth, we are more alike than you know, people have been hiding the truth from you, in time you will know. For now, that is all.

See you tonight. Love, Hati."

"What does it mean Alpha, you're more alike than you know? Does that mean there's another lycan?" Ellie asks breaking me from the daze I seemed to be in.

"I don't know, we shouldn't take it seriously. Like they said, things will end badly if we try to prevent them from entering the ball, keep me alerted if another lycan besides the ones expected enter the premises." I say looking over the note, seeing if I missed something, something that would tell me who this Hati is. She nodded and left the office shortly after. I sighed and ran my hands down my face, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I take in a deep breath and raise myself from my office chair, heading to my room to prepare for the guests. I took a cold shower, soothing my aching muscles from all the work I've had to do lately. After getting out, I blow dried my hair and curled it into loose curls that go half way down my back. I pull out my gown and slip it on, the Black tool sitting around me as I adjust the fabric top. I quickly throw on some mascara and a light lip gloss. I look at myself in the mirror and my once purple eyes are now glowing bright, almost blue colour. My tattoos perfectly shown, the Grim Reaper peaking out from under my hair, giving people just a peak at my bare back.

I smile to myself and smooth my dress down one last time, slipping on my black lace heels that have bows on the ends. I open up my door to find Ellie waiting in a gorgeous grey, floral ball gown. I smile to her as we link arms and approach the stairs where curious wolves await. I never realized how long I took to get ready until I heard it was time for my appearance.

I walk into the main room of the house, it being huge from our last renovation, to see it packed with wolves from all over the nation in ball gowns and tux's. I smile to them and make my way up to the small stage set up, still arm and arm with Ellie. I let her go before walking to the front of the stage and collecting the attention across the room. "Welcome to the First Annual Mating Ball." Everyone quiets down immediately and turns their attention to me as I make the opening speech. "Tonight, is all about finding your mate. Do not be afraid to talk to random people, ask someone you've never met before to dance. I may not be dancing but do not be afraid to come introduce yourself, myself, my Beta, and a couple lycans have yet to find their mates." I see numerous of the girls perk up when I mention Sven and Alejandro, they smirk and send a wink their way. I giggle and continue, "Without further a do, let the ball commence." The crowd erupts with clapping and immediately there are people dancing and mingling.