Trouble In Paradise Part 2: Sylvia

"No." That's all I had to say. I wasn't going to Military school and I'm not getting taken away from my friends. It's not happening.

"Sylvia, get your butt back here, I'm not done talking to you!" My mom yelled at me, like usual. I just kept walking, right out the door and down stairs to the street. My feet carried me to my safe place, the alley by our building.

I know it sounds crazy, a 14-year-old girl feeling safe in an alley in the city, but it's where I met my friends 5 years ago. Something traumatic happened that I hate thinking about but my friends saved me and took me under their wing.

Thankfully, no one was there and I was able to just sit down and dwell on the trash that is my life. And of course, while I was doing this, I was sitting beside a dumpster.

"Hey little girl," I heard a voice say, causing me to look over an see an older man. Oh, not this again. "What are you doing in an alley all by yourself?"

By this point I could see his face, holding a sadistic grin, and his clumsy, drunk walk. Well, it was nice while it lasted. I got up and started to walk away when I felt the man grab my arm.

"You're not going anywhere sweetheart," he practically growled. This is so not happening again. I turned to him quickly, slapping my foot into his stomach. He let go as he fell backwards and I took my chance, darting inside the building and running up to my apartment. I quickly slammed and locked the door then went to my room. Might as well start packing, the guys aren't gonna help me once I tell them I'm leaving.

~~~~~~~~

I was right. As soon as I told the guys I was leaving, they were angry. They told me to just go, that it would be better if I didn't resist, remembering what happened to Rico 2 years ago when his parents sent him away.

"This is why I was hesitant to take her in." Drake said as he walked away. I bit my lip, watching him, knowing that he wasn't telling the truth but still feeling the stab from his comment.

"Drake don't be a dick, you know he's just hurt. You're like his little sister, just do what you gotta do but don't change, if you do I'll beat your ass." Mikey joked, russeling the hair on my head.

I'm really gonna miss my boys. Drake who was  basically everyone's older brother, Mikey who was always there to bring everyone's spirits back up, Keanan who was kind of an ass but we all loved anyway, Izzy who constantly flirted with me but was literally my best friend and partner in crime, and Shawn who kept all of us from getting arrested time and time again.

God, what am I gonna do without my boys?