CHAPTER 3

Friday, March 20th - Two Days Later

Monroe, "Moe." I heard my name being called. My eyes fluttered open, being greeted with a smile by my brother.

"Are we there yet?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, we are." He replied. I sat up slowly, looking around as everyone grabbed there belongings. I looked out of the window, seeing the plane on the ground.

"Come on." Corbin ordered as he got up from his seat. I unbuckled myself from the seat, slowly standing to my feet. I released a small moan from the back of my throat while stretching. I can feel the pain from my butt after sitting here for hours.

"I'm guessing you've never been on a plane before?" Corbin asked with a slight chuckle.

"At least not that I know of." I answered, clearly joking. He smiled while handing over my belongings and we exit the plane, heading into the building.

I looked around as everyone went on about their day...this was nowhere near Georgia's style. I was no longer in the country, I was now a urban girl and I don't know if I can handle that just yet.

I followed Corbin out of the building, completely stunned as I studied the streets of LA. It was beautiful; cars everywhere, people walking the streets, the way things were set up here...I could only imagine this.

As we made our way to the car, I noticed a woman standing next to it, observing the streets as well. She her brown skin glowed in the sun, her dark, teal curls formed into a fro and she held a nice figure if you ask me.

She noticed our approach, smiling from ear to ear as Corbin placed our bags down. He bit his lip while stretching out his arms. The young woman smiled, running into his arms; I'm guessing this is his girlfriend.

"I missed you." I heard her say before pecking his lips. He mumbled the same line before kissing her lips again.

"I missed you too." I sarcastically stated with a slight giggle. Corbin turned to me, chuckling at my manner before speaking.

"Monroe this is my girlfriend, Shauntel or Shaun for short." He introduced.

"Baby, this is my little sister Monroe or Moe for short." He continued. Shauntel stepped in front of him, approaching my figure with a bright smile on her face. She was bit taller than I was, considering the heels but the fact of it didn't matter.

"How you doing girl?" She asked in a sweet tone of voice as she extended her hand out towards me. I kindly shook it, giving her a kind smile as well.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"Oh girl! The hell am I doing, give me a hug!" She giggled, swiftly embracing me. Corbin smiled the entire time, seeing his girlfriend getting along with his sister; you don't see a lot of that these days. I found myself laughing a bit myself as she gave me a nice squeeze. She had the personality of an older woman, who wasn't afraid to speak her mind...and I kind of like that.

"Let's get going." Corbin finally spoke. I pull away from Shauntel as he took my things to place them in the trunk of the car. I got in the back, closing the door while Shauntel got into the driver's seat.

"You're going to love it here Moe--oh, is it okay if I can call you that?" She asked politely as my brother got in.

"Yeah, I don't mind." I answered. She smiled while starting the car.