CHAPTER 4

Saturday, March 21st - The Next Day

Monroe, "YOU KEEP PLAYING WITH ME CHRIS, I WANT MY MONEY! YOU HAVE A CHILD!" I awake from the sound of yelling. I rubbed my eyes while sitting up a bit, resting on my elbows.

"YOU AND I BOTH KNOW DAMN WELL YOU DON'T USE THAT MONEY ON JR. LITA! YOU GO OUT AND BUY EXPENSIVE SHIT!"

"OH EXCUSES! EXCUSES!" She spat aloud.

"Ah! Excuses huh! You can kiss my ass I know that for sure!" I heard him say. I chuckled, shaking my head as I got out of bed. I checked the time, reading twelve noon; I slept that long?

I stretched for a moment before stepping into the bathroom. I stared into the mirror, studying my hair that pretty much rested over my eyes. I shook my head a bit, playing with my curls for a second before pulling it up in a messy knot. I trailed back into the room, heading for the door. Slowly threading down the hall, I met Buddy who was coming in the opposite direction. He came to a stop as well, wrapping himself around my leg.

"Afternoon to you too." I giggled while stroking his fur. I placed him in my arms, heading towards the stairs. After about five more steps, I noticed the sun piercing through the windows, lighting up the house.

"Afternoon sleepy head." Shaun greeted as I entered the kitchen.

"Afternoon." I greeted back.

"You are just in time for brunch honey." She said, turning towards the Island. She held a bowl of salad in her hands, placing it on the island table top. She began her mixing with different oils, fruits and vegetables.

"So, how did you sleep?" She asked, test tasting her combination from her finger. I placed Buddy down to the floor and he wondered off again.

"Good actually. Felt like I haven't slept that long in years." I told her, sitting across from her at the island.

"Well that's good! I'm glad you're all energized because me and you have some shopping to do." She told me.

"This is going to be a girl's day out for sure. I'm gonna get you caught up with the do's and don't's then get you all trendy and spiffy." She grinned with excitement. I chuckled at her reaction, thinking of what's to come. Maybe this can give me a chance to switch things up a bit; a new essential wouldn't hurt, right?

"Where's Corbin?" I asked her.

"He had to step out and handle some business for a second. He should be back soon." She answered.

"How did you two meet?" I asked her. She glanced at me then back at her mixture.

"Well, I met him at In & Out actually." She chuckled.

"Years ago, I worked at this Boutique downtown."

"Every time, I would go to In & Out, for lunch."

"He would be there almost everyday and I always caught him staring at me." She laughed.

"One day, at the same time as always, he finally approached me."

"We hit it off and here we are." She finished.

"Wow." I chuckled.

"I know right! Some fairy tail, huh?" She giggled.

"We've been together for four years and I love him dearly." She added, focusing back on the salad.

"I can tell." I respond with a warm smile.

"Well, after eating, we'll head on out." She said with a sweet smile on her face.

Meanwhile,