CHAPTER 24

Monday, August 3rd - Three Weeks Later

Monroe, After me and Prince made up back in July, things have been alright. During that time, everything settled and just kind of flowed with the wind. Prince hasn't gotten into any trouble lately and that's good, but he has been acting strange. He doesn't say much when I'm around and I try to get him to spill but he doesn't budge, he's just isn't himself.

Now it's August and everything is pretty much the same, although, besides Princeton, I haven't been myself lately either. I don't eat as much, I do sleep a lot and I'm constantly with a headache. Why? Because I'm stressed and depressed. Corbin has been giving me the cold shoulder for what reason, I don't know. Prince is some what giving me the cold shoulder, not telling me anything and I get this bad vibe at school now ever since we started back, it's just too much.

I spotted Buddy climb onto my bed, resting against my pillow. He's actually been the only one comforting me lately. He sleeps in my bed every night to keep me company, it's like he knows I'm in need of a friend. I grab my bag from the bed and my keys before leaving, I waved goodbye to Shaun and head out. I placed my bag in the passenger's seat while closing the car door then start the ignition and buckled up before leaving the house. I checked the time, slowly stopping in front of Prince's house. I quickly got out and headed towards the door. It opened and he stood there, waiting for me. I smiled a bit as he embraced me while stepping inside. He closed the door and I entered the living room.

"How are you this morning?" I asked while sitting on the couch.

"Tired." He yawned.

"Julius kept me up all night." He groaned, plopping down next to me.

"Then why aren't you asleep then since you're so tired?" I joked.

"I was, right where you're sitting." He smiled.

"Would you like me to move then?" I ask.

"Yes please." He replies.

"Okay." I shrug. I prop my feet up, resting my head in his lap.

"Nice." He chuckles, making me giggle.

"I know right." I say as he run his fingers through my hair.

"So how are you?" He asked.

"I'm alright I guess." I shrug.

"You guess?" He questioned.

"I just don't feel like going to school."

"Who doesn't?" He chuckles.

"But you don't have to worry about that, you're free from the stress, you can sleep in and you don't have to look at those ugly ass kids anymore." I reply, making him laugh. I smiled, feeling a bit accomplished.

"I haven't seen you laugh that hard in awhile." I said.

"Go figure." I cheer.

"I know baby, I've just been tired lately." He sighs.

"Yeah, well I'm not sitting to well either love." I replied.

"Mm, why is that?" He caresses my cheek.

"I don't know how to explain it." I say.

"Everything just feels...bland." I added.

"Plus I'm still bombed about the party." I bit my lip, looking at my fingers, locking them together.

"Hey." He softly called.

"What happened is over and done."

"As long as it didn't happen then you're fine."