CHAPTER 17

Tuesday, May 12th - Three Weeks Later

Monroe, It's finally May and things are still going good for me, so far I haven't gotten into anymore trouble. I'm quite proud of myself for making it through the semester, it was pretty hectic but thank god it's almost over.

"Isn't he gorgoues out there?" Jordi cooed in a complete daze, as usual. She couldn't keep her googley eyes off this guy for anything in the world. She begged me to stay after school and watch Chresanto practice on the field. Our last game is this Friday and I'm actually excited, especially since I missed the last one.

"Why does this have to be his last year?" She pouted. I always forget that Chres was a senior, as well as Princeton. They'll be graduating soon and suddenly, I get Jordi's feelings.

"At least you'll still be able to see him after school." I said, trying to cheer her up a bit.

"I doubt it."

"The rate this guy is going, schools from across the freaking state will be asking for him."

"He's probably got a hand full of scholarships too." She finished.

"But what school wouldn't want him?" She questioned.

"Just look at him."

"His speed and good looks." She said.

"Curse his genes." She spat. I giggled, shaking my head while looking away. I spotted Alorah and her friends sitting above us, looking at me as if they were upset. She whispered something towards them and they laughed a bit.

"She's still bugging huh?" Jordi broke my thoughts.

"Lately yes." I sighed.

"Well you obviously know why?" She rolled her eyes. I knew exactly why. Lately, Alorah has been at my throat....because of Princeton of course. She's so positive that he's playing me in order to make her upset. She say that they have an on-off relationship, so I should kindly back off. She loves to mean mug me and whisper under her breath whenever I'm around, but It doesn't really phase me; yet, she's becoming quite aggravating.

"When will she ever learn?" Jordi asked.

"She's been all over Princeton for the past few weeks." I said.

"That's not a surprise." She scoffed.

"Her ass is constantly on him, she's only making it an effort to get under your skin." She explained.

"Princeton!" I heard Alorah's voice. Jordi and I turned in her direction, watching her slowly wave towards the bottom of the bleachers. My eyes followed, seeing Princeton making his way up. He gave her a quick head nod before cutting through the bleachers. I could feel Alorah's stare as he made his way towards us.

"Get your man girl." Jordi whispered to me once again before cheering Chres on as he ran down the field.

"Stop it." I mumbled before focusing on Princeton.

"Hey mama? What's up Jordi?" He greeted while sitting next to me.

"Hey Prince." She greeted.