CHAPTER 27

Sunday, August 23rd - Two Weeks Later

Princeton, I narrowed my eyes in his direction as he took a seat across from me, giving a sly grin in response. I clench my fists, listening to knuckles pop and he chuckled loudly while sitting back against the chair. I have no clue what he's here for, but I know it isn't going to be good news.

Ever since they showed me evidence of me killing my own blood, they've been on top of this case like an animal at its prey. There's nothing else I can do to defend myself, but tell them that it wasn't me and I'm sticking to that because it's the truth.

"How you doing Perez, prison life treating you well?" He asked with a sharp cackle.

"The fuck do you want Simmons?" I asked, highly agitated by his presence.

"I'm just here to make amends, my dear old friend."

"I want to make a deal with you." He cleared his throat, placing his hands on the table.

"I stopped by to visit your girl last week." He began.

"It's like she becomes more and more beautiful, everyday." He teased.

"And she's so smooth, I got so many kisses from her that day." He laughed.

"I told your ass to stay away from her!" I growled, standing to my feet.

"Whoa now, wait a minute before you pounce." He chuckled.

"Now, first off let me say, that I'm sorry for what happened to your grandmother."

"I hate that happened to her and if you thought it was me then you don't quite know me too well."

"I didn't do it, alright." He stated.

"Now secondly, we have some unfinished business that needs to be taken care of." He said.

"I know you killed Steven."

"And I know that you're not doing any time for it either. Right? That's not why you're really in here, is it Perez?" He questioned and I look away from his glare, biting my lip.

"Steven was one of my best guys and I don't appreciate you taking him out."

"Like I don't appreciate you making my life miserable and dragging an innocent girl in our problem." I replied.

"She put herself in our situation the day she stood up for your pathetic ass, throwing that damn smoothie on me!" He spat.

"Now, you can agree to my deal or you can spend the rest of your life in this hell hole." He saids to me.

"Because I will march right up to them and tell them that you really did commit a crime, killing Steven."

"You don't have proof." I spat.

"Don't underestimate me, Perez." He responded.

"What do you want front me?" I asked.

"I want you to stay away from Monroe." He answered.

"Tell her that you want nothing to do with her anymore and we'll call the whole thing off." He grinned at his plan.

"I can't do that." I replied. I can't do it and I won't do it. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and if I let her go then I'm nothing.

"Alright, then you can say goodbye to freedom and say hello to ten years or more in this dump." He said while standing to his feet. I bit my lip, hissing under my breath while thinking this over. If I stay here, I'll lose everything as well and I don't need that right now. My main focus is to get out of this place and stick with Monroe. I know how Daniel is and I know there's a catch behind this deal of his.