Thirteen

A/N-  Sorry for the delay you guys. I wanted to update, but I didn't have the time to write.

***************************************

"Why do you seem surprised P' Arthit?" Kongpob asked smiling.

Arthit shook his head, "Nothing, hope he gets better soon," he said.

Kongpob snaked his hand around Arthit's waist and pulled him closer.  Arthit tried his best not to cringe away.  Kongpob had lied to him.  He needed space to think.  What was Kongpob hiding?

Kongpob had begun to kiss him passionately, but Arthit remained motionless.

"P' Arthit?  If you don't like this I can stop," he said huskily in between kisses.

"I'm not feeling well Kongpob, that's all.  Call me tomorrow when you are free.  I will go to my room and rest for a while."

Kongpob pouted, "Or you can stay here, and I will take care of you," he said smiling hopefully.

Arthit looked at Kongpob directly in the eye.

"Do you love me Kong?"

"P' Arthit!  Of course, I do!  I wish you could see my heart.  I wish you could feel the things I feel when I see you."

What was he supposed to believe?  If Kongpob could lie about a dead father, he could be lying about anything.

"Please don't go back now P' Arthit.  Or can I come to your room with you?  You can sleep if you want to.  I will stay next to you quietly," Kongpob pleaded earnestly.

How did Kongpob do it?  He didn't seem to have any remorse whatsoever.

"Fine.  I will sleep on your bed.  Keep quiet alright?"

Kongpob's smile made his heart flutter.

It seemed he was missing something.  He was unable to connect the dots.  Arthit's frustration grew by the minute.  He hated not knowing things for sure.

Kongpob lay next to him humming softly, as he played with Arthit's hair.  He had a good voice, Arthit thought.

"What's the song?" he asked.

"It's called 'a little bit of happiness' from a Taiwanese movie.  It's a beautiful song with beautiful lyrics.  Do you want to listen to it?" Kongpob asked eagerly.

"Can you sing it for me?" Arthit hadn't expected Kongpob to sing a song in Mandarin for him.

Had he ever been right about Kongpob?

Arthit closed his eyes as he listened to Kongpob sing.  He could feel the emotion from Kongpob's voice.  Arthit looked at him.  His mind was blank.  All he could see was Kongpob.

Kongpob stopped singing.  They stared at each other.

In a flash Kongpob had him pinned to the bed.

"I will never let you go P' Arthit.  Whatever the song says, I can't watch you love someone else.  I love you to the point that I can't take it anymore.  I'm sorry if I sound clingy and pathetic.  But I don't care.  I want you to know how crazy I am about you."

Arthit pulled Kongpob onto his body and hugged him tightly.  His heartbeat elevated.

He was going to follow Kongpob the following day.

*************************

Arthit had been awake the entire night.  What if the father Kongpob mentioned was not his actual father.  He could be a stepfather for all he knew.  Maybe Kongpob's actual father died a while back, and his mother remarried.

He was trying to justify what Kongpob had told him.  He knew it.  Kongpob would never lie to him, would he?

Arthit felt horrible doubting the man he loved.  But he needed to know for sure.

*************************

Kongpob met with Praepallin further away from the dorm.  It was ironic how he had joked about book shopping when Kongpob said he was busy.

Was this why he lied?

Arthit wished they had gone shopping when he saw the two of them enter the criminal investigation division.

Did N' Prae ask Kongpob to accompany her for something and didn't want anyone to know?  It was a possibility.  Knowing Kongpob, he was the type to volunteer to help.

Arthit tried to enter the building after them.

"This entrance is for officers only.  You have to use the other entrance."

Arthit felt his throat dry.

*************************

Arthit begrudgingly asked an officer who had needed his help previously to look into who Kongpob was.

Prachaya Ruangroj is also known as Singto a newly recruited officer.

Artjot was supposed to be the idea guy.  The one who knew how to get out of sticky situations.  And he dived straight into a trap.

He remembered the time he thought Kongpob had another phone and dismissed the idea.  The text message Kongpob had from someone named Jean.  Praepallin was a cop too.  She had entered the office along with Kongpob.

Kongpob or Singto, whatever his name was, used him for his mission.

Arthit had to admire the techniques the police used these days.  Never had he thought there was a possibility he would be screwed literally, and metaphorically?  He was deeply in love with a cop who was after him.

Arthit screamed in frustration.  He called Knott.

"Ai Knott, I think the police found us."

"What?  How do you know?"

"Kongpob is an undercover cop.  I followed him.  N' Prae is one too.  What are we going to do?"

"Did you tell Kongpob anything about us?" Knott asked.

"Not a word," Arthit replied.

"We have to find out what they know about us.  Come to my place I have an idea."

*************************

"Ai Knott!  It's a stupid idea, and he isn't going to come.  He probably knows I am involved too," Arthit said as he listened to Knott.

Bright sat watching them curiously.

"I agree with Knott.  This Kongpob likes to be a hero.  He will come to save his man."

"Don't you get it?  He doesn't love me.  It's all a plan!  He isn't going to come.  The police would ambush us, and we will all go to jail," Arthit retorted.

Every touch, every kiss had been a lie.  Arthit's love for Kongpob had been the only pure thing in his life.  He was devastated.

"Ai Arthit, you always think you are the smart one.  Look at the mess you got us in," Knott said sternly.

Arthit scoffed, these idiots didn't believe him.  Kongpob had played him smartly.

There was no way he would fall for a lame trick by amateurs.