Chapter 30

Bob's POV
I awoke at the call of vigorous shaking. Someone was calling my name out loud. I could hear them but I couldn't tell who they were. Then it all came back to me, the exchange. I had been clocked out at the back of my head with something blunt, before I had gone down I had locked my eyes with Sue...I strained to open my eyes but my head felt like a block of lead and the ringing in my ears persisted. What had happened? Had Patrick taken Kim?

"Bob! Bob! Amka!"

It didn't sound like a call of despair in fact it sounded like elation. A gun shot through the air, then another and another. An engine blasted to life somewhere, a woman screamed but not in pain, no definitely pain, it was out of pure joy. What in the name was going on?

"Shika huyo asiende!"

The voice was familiar, the command firm. Only one person could reverberate such authority. I heard scurrying noises followed by several gun shots and a car screeching.

"Get Darren in the car. Yes, wacha huyo mjinga apate a taste of his own medicine."

Darren had been captured? What of Patrick? I really needed to get up. My arm automatically reached out to the back of my head to nurse the wound which might or might not result into a severe concussion. I forced my eye lids open and the first thing I saw was the love of my life smiling down at me with her natural hair being ruffled by the mild wind blowing. The sun was rising and it made me avert my eyes fearing the blinding impact of its rays; I couldn't believe what I saw.

"Jack? How? What?"

Thirty minutes earlier
Writer's POV

Jack watched from a safe distance keeping his men at bay. He had killed one of the body guards, the one who ran after him. He had figured it was safer to pretend he was the one shot, they'd let their guard down, no one would have seen him coming. He had clenched his fist and swallowed back profanities when Marie had been pushed to the ground, face down. He waited, bided his time until both men were consumed with their upper hand position. He then signalled the men to stealthily move towards the scene, they did as told.

"Them for her, or they die."

Jack pulled a gun from his waist band and did a military distribution to his men. He smirked at Susan whose eyes briefly widened but didn't give him away. Darren's back faced him and so did his men. Patrick was busy eyeing down Susan, none of their enemies sensed their movements. They moved in, Jack shot two of the men holding Bob and Marie at gun point. Two of his men disarmed Patrick, the latter disarming Darren. Darren's two men surrendered, cowards. Jack moved as if he wanted to shoot them and both of them sprinted away. Susan chuckled, she had moved towards Kimberly and was hugging her. Darren was still in shock, not believing what had just happened, he had been outwitted. Patrick was putting up a fight. He hit one of the men and ran towards his car. The other man ran towards him but for an aged guy, Patrick was fast. Susan ran towards Bob, shaking him vigorously to wake up. Jack had moved to Marie and bent down to examine her, she awoke at his touch, she screamed in joy. Her eyes landing on Kim who was safe in her sister's arms. Patrick managed to get inside the car, but didn't get far.

"Shika huyo asiende!"

The man who had been hit unconscious came to and him with his partner headed towards Patrick's direction, they aimed for the tires. The car screeched and halted almost toppling over. Jack kissed Marie on the forehead and gave her his gun. Marie understood immediately, she didn't understand how Jack knew but she didn't ask. She proceeded towards the smoking car and shot Patrick on the glabella. Kimberly was in Susan's arms, not aware that his biological mother had just killed her biological father. The sun rose with Bob's awakening, and boy was he happy with what he saw.