Chapter 2 - Ambush

So. Just to warn you, the second part of this chapter is full of Caleo fluff. Look away of this harms you in any way.

Rick owns characters, plot, etc.

0301 hours, Greenwich Mean time / Day one of Formorii realm stay. "Mountain" Celtic base, Bar. Log: Leo 'Burner' Valdez

"Assuming the the particle transformer works, we could convert entire starships to tachyons, then fire them of towards a relatively nearby star system. The tachyons would also go through asteroids, planets and even black holes. " McGin stated.

Leo raised his glass.

"To that, I salute you, Wizard." He said, taking a sip. "Breaking Einstein's law of relativity."

"Who's Einstein?" Asked Calypso, finishing her first glass of Guinness.

The bar only served Irish beers, which was fine Leo. He'd never drank before. The beer had initially burned his throat, but eventually, it hadn't burned anymore. But he'd only half emptied his glass by then. Calypso had already finished one and was halfway through another.

"Twentieth century scientist." Frank said.

Leo took another sip. Frank wasn't drinking any beer, he had just taken a sip of his beer and said he didn't like it. Calypso had taken his glass then. Leo hoped that his girlfriend wouldn't have a drinking problem in the future, but then again, She probably didn't know about hangovers. Leo's head was throbbing very faintly, so he decided to finish his glass and not risk a hangover beyond that.

Calypso, on the other hand, had no problems with drinking as much she could. She was swaying now, and there was a definite slur in her voice. Leo decided that she would definitely be hungover in the morning, so that's when he'd tell her about hangovers, and that might possibly be enough to stop her drinking so much in the future.

"So." Frank said. "What happens now?"

"Summer Science. Protocol name for war assembly. We wait for our enemies to attack, then we counter strike on all fronts." McGin said. "That will begin tomorrow, seeing as the Formorii threw the first stone a while back. Anyhow, I hope that the Egyptians did make it back to manhattan. The demigods at the Empire State will need the support."

Calypso had finished her forth glass now, and she was asking for a fifth.

"I bet she's so drunk you could say anything and she wouldn't care less." Frank said. "But I bet she would remember it the following morning."

"You willing to bet on it?" Leo smirked.

"Ten dollars." Frank said. "No more."

Him and Leo shook hands. Then Leo smirked and turned towards Calypso.

"I'm gonna give you a toilet for your birthday!" Leo told her.

"Really?" She muttered drunkenly. "Cool, I always wanted that."

McGin, Frank and Leo threw back their heads, cackling loudly.

"What?" Calypso asked, with a very noticeable slur.

Leo waited for the laughter to die down. He checked his watch, surprised to find it read 4:00.

"You know what, I think I'm gonna take her back to our room and call it a night." Leo said.

He got up and guided Calypso slowly out of the bar. She was swaying so badly that the moment she was outside the door and Leo was sure no one could see them, he turned around and scooped up Calypso and carried her back to their room. Like everyone else, they had been issued a two-person room. Technically, they were sharing it for room, but really none of them would have objected to sharing rooms. Really, Leo wanted some time alone with Calypso, where they actually had nothing to worry about, no monsters trying to kill them, just... Normal.