Chapter 18 - the last battle

0555 hours, August seventh/ the last day. The ruins of Olympus. Log: Piper McLean.

Piper stared through a window as Jason approached the giant. Porphyrion had his back to Jason, and was drawing a eye on the ground with his spear.

"I'm here!" Jason shouted at the giant.

Porphyrion spun. With a roar, he charged. Jason sidestepped and evaded the lumbering giant. Jason charged after the giant, grabbed its leg and attempted to climb, but Porphyrion shook him off and threw him to the ground. Jason rolled.

Piper noticed that she had her fingers crossed and was whispering "Don't die. Don't die."

She swallowed. Jason dodged two strokes, but was smacked by another stroke. He slammed into a ruined wall and slid down it. Piper wanted to run to him, but before she could, Porphyrion turned and bellowed.

"Halt! No one come closer, or I'll gut him!" Porphyrion warned, raising his spear up high over Jason. "This is just our fight!"

Jason twitched feebly. Porphyrion picked him up. He showed him to them all, then slammed into him a wall by throwing him. Jason crashed into it and slid down it. Piper found herself frozen. She had to help Jason. Suddenly the wall collapsed on top of him. Piper screamed his name so loudly her voice went hoarse. She tried to run to him, but someone grabbed her from behind. She tried to run, but they held her back. She heard voices but nothing made sense, She just had to help Jason. But no one let her go.

Porphyrion laughed. He raised his spear, triumphant. He roared, and the monster army roared aswell.

"Kill them all!" He ordered.

His army advanced. The demigods breathed deeply. This would be there final battle. Suddenly, Gaia appeared in a cloud of dirt between the army and Porphyrion. Tartarus, Piper thought, appeared beside her.

"Now! Tartarus cried. "This is the hour!"

This was the final battle.

"Piper!" Hazel yelled, pushing in beside her. "You have the scroll of Hypnos! Do you?"

Piper went to her pocket, and for some reason, the scroll was there. She took it out.

"Can you read it?" Piper asked.

Hazel grabbed it, unraveled it and scanned it.

"Yes, but we need someone who can charm Gaia, more or less, You and I have to say this spell. Gaia will only listen to you, but I'll tell you the spell." Hazel said.

Piper felt cement settle in her stomach.

"Ok. Lets do this." She said.

It was impossible. An army of Greek, Roman, Celtic and who-knows-what-else monsters. They had no gods and a bunch of tired Demigods. They didn't stand a chance. But still, If Piper was going to die, she was going to go down fighting. She raised her sword.

"Charge!!!" She yelled.

Everyone else on the their side repeated the cry. As one, the defenders of Olympus charged. At the last second before they connected with the enemy, The sky was rent open by flashes and the Gods appeared by their sides.

Time: Unknown Location: Unknown. Log: Frank Zhang.

The dropships lifted off. They whizzed out of the base faster then the speed of sound, at a speed which would have made Arion jealous. He turned his thoughts to Hazel. He really missed her. He sighed and glanced at the occupants of the dropship. Jimmy and Bob had their guns loaded and were determined. Some other guys made jokes. Calypso was sitting beside Leo, her head on his shoulder. Then the doors of the dropship closed.

"Time to jump!" The pilot said.

The craft accelerated to light speed and disappeared into a white void.

Frank blacked out.

He came to in his seat. Something felt different. Wrong. Frank stared at the others, who were coming too. Jimmy's gun was rising from his lap, towards the roof. Jimmy grabbed it.

"What the hell?" He asked.

Leo unbuckled himself and drifted towards the door. He grabbed a handrail and stared out the window.

"Oh... Oh. That's not good. Really not good." He gasped.

Frank unbuckled and drifted freely. It felt really strange. Someone behind Frank retched. He spun around to see one of the men aboard watching his partially digested lunch drifting across the hull of the dropship. Calypso wrinkled her nose.

"Ew."

Frank pushed Leo slightly and gazed out the window. What he saw took his breath away.

Below them was Earth. A cloud covered globe. Frank was speechless. It was beautiful. He never thought he'd think of Gaia, the Earth, that way.

"How did we get here?" He whispered.

Leo shook his head.

----------------
Please read the next chapter.