prolouge

L a u r e n : August 27th, 2014

I walked up the steps of the familiar house that belonged to the most glorified popular girl in the school, also known as my best friend oddly enough, Katie Kingston. I had two of my other friends hooking elbows with me as I walked in.

Instantly the scent of alcohol and weed filled my nostrils, but I just tried to ignore it. I wasn't into that kind of scene, not much of my forte. Just as I was about to head to get some non-alcoholic juice, I was pulled by the wrist and brought in to Katie's over sized great room.

"Come on Walker, I just got here." I whined with a chuckle.

"Yeah, but we're playing truth or dare and you are joining us. You have no choice either." He smirked. Walker and I had a brother sister relationship, and it has been that way for the longest time. I can't really remember a time when Walker wasn't around, same with Katie. It's always been us three. Those two are dating and then it's me, but it's not awkward at all, weirdly enough.

"Alright, who be starting?" Tommy enthused.

"Tommy, it's who will be starting." Camilla interjected like she always does. You say one thing wrong and she butts her way in to correct you. I love Camilla, but she is one of the most annoying people I've ever met on this planet.

"It doesn't matter dude, let's start the game." I said to her annoyed. We spun the bottle of Mikes Hard Lemonade and it landed on Katie. She smiled to herself and thought of a truth and dare for whatever they chose.

"Okay, Sophia, truth or dare?" She asked.

"Truth?" She questioned herself.

"Alright, is there anyone in this room you'd hook up with?" She smirked. We all leaned closer for Sophia's reaction.

"Hell yeah, I'm just not telling." She said with a wink, I knew exactly who it was though but Katie didn't push it.

"Okay, your turn Soph." I spoke.

"Alright, Laur. Truth or dare?" She smiled.

"Dare." I smirked over at her.

"Hmm..." She thought for a second, as she suddenly jolted her head up as if a lightbulb went off in her head. "This ones a tough one, Lauren. I don't know if you'll be able to pull it off." She joked.

"Oh, c'mon and tell me already." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Alright. How about this, I dare you to make Cameron fall in love with you before the school year ends." She smirked over at me as I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"That's so easy." I shook my head with a smile.

"Of course it is. Just as long as you don't fall in love with him." Sophia smirked.

"Trust me, I don't want to touch him with a ten foot pole let alone pretend to like him." I said seriously making them all laugh.

"And take it as a good thing Laur, you hate this kid. You've always wanted to get revenge on him. You've told me many times that you want to ruin him, here's your chance!" Katie enthused. He's wrapped five of my friends around his finger and threw them around as if they were a rag doll. He lead them on, fooled around for a few weeks, then left them in the dust.

"I don't know guys. I hate him, but I don't know if I hate him that much." I spoke hesitantly. I know that I wouldn't want this to happen to myself. Someone faking a romance for you, it sounds fucked up, intelligent, but fucked up. I know that for a fact I would not want to fall in love with someone who was faking the entire thing.

"It's just a little game, Laur. I know you'll love it, you can wrap this kid around your finger easily, because let's face it. You're hot." Sophia smirked over at me making me laugh. The offer was tempting, but I don't want to stoop down as low as he does. I'd be contradicting everything I've ever said about him, and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

"Guys, I don't-" I rambled on, but was cut off by Walker.

"Lauren, just do it. Not to be giving you peer pressure, but admit it. You know you want to do it." He smirked. I do, I really do. I just don't know, I don't want to be that kind of girl, or person I guess. But, I think I'm ready to get some long awaited revenge on Cameron.

"Fuck it." I dropped my phone onto my lap putting my hands up in the air. "I'll do it."

"What will you do?" Sophia smirked over at me, making me roll my eyes in response. She's just trying to tease me is all.

"I'll do it, I'll ruin Cameron Dallas."

"Atta girl, Lauren." She enthused. They all cheered and brought me in a big group hug, clutching on to me. I knew half of them were drunk and wouldn't remember the dare in the morning, but the other half I knew wasn't going to stop with me until I really started the dare.

Well, Junior year is going to be very interesting to say the least.

THE WAIT IS OVER GUYS, REVENGE IS FINALLY STARTING!!! DID ANYONE THINK IT'D BE ABOUT CAMERON? OH, AND TAYLOR HILL IS GOING TO BE PLAYING LAUREN JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW AND IF YOU HAVEN'T CAUGHT ON FROM THIS LITTLE SNIPBIT LAUREN IS THE MAIN GIRL ;))))

BUT YEAH, THAT WAS A LITTLE GLIMPSE AT IT, CHAPTER ONE WILL PROBABLY BE UP SOMETIME THIS WEEK DEPENDING ON HOW BUSY SCHOOL WILL BE! AND SPEAKING OF THAT, SINCE SCHOOL IS JUST STARTING (I'M A SOPHOMORE BTW) I AM GONNA BE STRESSED AND BOOKED WITH MY SCHEDULE SO IT'LL BE HARD TO UPDATE BUT YEAH I WILL CAUSE Y'ALL ARE SO AMAZING!!!

ALSO, I WANNA JUST SAY A BIG THANK YOU FOR 800K ON BABY BLUE EYES LIKE DO YOU GUYS REALIZE HOW CLOSE I AM TO ONE MILLION READS??? LIKE I'M PLANNING TO DO SOMETHING CRAZY WHEN I HIT 1 MILLION BUT IDK WHAT TO DO YETTTTT. SO LEAVE A COMMENT, AND LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS LITTLE SNEAK PEEK PROLOUGE!!

JUST SO I KNOW SOME PEOPLE ARE READING, CAN I HAVE 2 COMMENTS AND 3 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER TO COME SOONER? :)

BUT YEAH, THAT'S ALL! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO LIKE THIS NEW STORY THAT I'M PUTTING OUT!! :) LOVE YOU THANK YOU!

--Lexie