one

L a u r e n : September 3rd, 2014

It was September 3rd, 2014; also known as, the first day of school. The last few days before school started were hectic. Along with trying to prepare for the hardest year of my high school career, I had been bombarded constantly about the dare.

I did say I wanted to do it, but they didn't stop. They would suggest crazy things from pick-up lines to making it sound like I would "marry" him. I get it, they are excited, but lay off dude. If I'm going to be honest, it was pretty funny to me to see them so excited and jittery about the whole thing, I definitely think they all were way more excited about it than I was.

I shut the car off and pulled the key out of the ignition. I threw my head back and let out a big sigh, Junior year is here. I looked down at my outfit observing it carefully. I wore a black cropped top and then black and white printed harem pants.

After a solid two minutes of sitting there I decided that it was time for me to stop procrastinating, well the only reason I stopped is because my nagging sister kept bugging me that we needed to go inside so she could meet up with her friends. Like, you just saw them yesterday. Give it a break, kid.

"Laur, can we please go in now? You've spent ten minutes sitting here looking at your outfit and huffing." She groaned.

"Go ahead of me if you are going to be so impatient, just know that freshman year isn't like the movies Mackenzie." I told her honestly. It's just like sophomore year. Schoolwork, annoying people, and annoying teachers. I spent most of my freshman year blowing it off and not caring whether I turned anything in or not. Then, I spent most of my sophomore year trying to get all my credits back.

"It'll work out exactly how I want it, Lauren." She spoke crossing her arms.

"Just don't fuck it up like I did. Mom and Dad couldn't stand having another sad excuse for a child." I said sharply. I grabbed my bag out of the backseat and slammed the door shut, locking it behind me. I crossed the street and walked in the front entrance. I sighed to myself and let it set in that I was back to school.

I felt bad that I stormed off from Mackenzie, but my parents never liked me that much after I ruined my school career. They now praise Mackenzie and say things like "Mackenzie did nothing wrong!" or "Mackenzie's an angel, Lauren be more like her!", just anything to make me feel bad about myself for failing the year. I can't wait to move out of that oversized hell hole.

I walked up the staircase to where my locker was, immediately being bombarded by my friends. I chuckled lightly as they gave me goofy smiles. I don't really remember how I joined the popular group, but I did. I have always been against being popular because I thought they were all fake and self absorbed, but I was wrong. They were the realest friends I've ever had.

There was a twist with popularity at my school though. There was about four different "popular" groups, Cameron was in one of them. His group consisted of him and nine other guys. They were all pathetic to be honest. They always had a girl latched on to them, and if they weren't latched on to them they were hooking up with them somewhere in the school. One guy out of the group was pretty decent though, I've talked to him a few times due to sharing classes. His name was Shawn Mendes.

He was a very talented kid, very musical. One day I was staying late after school since I had practice, and I had to get my protective pads out of my locker, and of course on the way to my locker was the band room. Long story short, Shawn was in there writing a song and singing along happily. He seemed like a completely different guy when it was him and music together instead of him and Cameron together. I had to promise to him that I wouldn't tell anyone, but little did he know that I've told a couple people.