three

September 6th, 2014

As my eyes fluttered open being woken by the tune of 'Run' by The Maine, I searched for my phone so I could shut it off. I groaned to myself when I remember that it was the third day of Junior year and I still had 273 days left in that hell hole, but in all total I had 546 left until I was out for good.

I let my light skinned feet touch the wood floor and chills instantly went through my body due to the cold floor, I seriously need carpet in my room. I shook it off and grabbed my zip up jacket from VS Pink and then headed to my ensuite bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and then huffed. I grabbed my curling wand and started loosely curling my dark brown hair in loose waves. After about fifteen minutes it was fully curled so then I started on my makeup and then chose my outfit.

I decided to be pretty casual so I got my grey hoodie that has a black birdish print on the front or whatever and then my black leggings and my white Chucks to finish it off. Once I was done with that I headed into the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

"Lauren, you are going to need to stay after school for Mackenzie. I have to stay late for work and your father doesn't get off until nine as usual." My mother said in a dry tone.

"She has friends and a boyfriend doesn't she? Can't she get a ride from them?" I complained.

"Obviously not if we're asking your rude ass." Mackenzie muttered over to me from her sitting position on the couch. Of course, my mother was absolutely oblivious to it because Mackenzie is her perfect little princess.

"Mom, do you hear this?" I asked her in an annoyed tone.

"See what, Lauren?" She asked with a sigh and huff mix.

"Mackenzie calling me a "rude ass". Did you not hear that?" I asked.

"I definitely heard you say it. Do not ever swear in front of me again Lauren Elizabeth, got that?" She scolded. I rolled my eyes and walked away from her, or tried to at least. "No! Don't you walk away from me like that. Do you understand?"

"Yes, mother. I understand." I growled at her.

"Good, you should be more like Mackenzie. We wouldn't have these problems if you would just be normal. All I want is normal grades from you, nice attitude, and I mean what is that outfit? Couldn't you dress more like your sister?" She asked. I looked at Mackenzie and observed her outfit.

It was very conservative. She had a white cropped long sleeve shirt and a high wasted pink skirt that covered her up, and then golden gladiator sandals. Little mom knew is that right when we got to school, she changed into an edgier outfit to fit in better. She's fake as barbie, I swear.

I debate blowing her cover on that, but every time something stops me. I don't know if it's the mere fact that my mother probably just won't believe me or if part of me would actually feel bad for Mackenzie if she did get grounded. Either way, I never let her secret loose.

"Maybe I wanted to dress lazy today, mother. So what? I swear it's like you find joy in picking on your own daughter, you're so sick minded." I laughed dryly and walked off. My mother mumbled a few words I didn't care to comprehend as I walked out the door. 

I got into my car in the garage and stuck the keys in, instantly driving off.

"Lauren, I know you're mad but you're gonna get a ticket." Mackenzie said.

"What's it to you?" I asked her with attitude.

"It's just that we'll be late and-" She started but I cut her off.