seventeen

Christmas Day

"Laur, it's time to get up..." My sister softly called out to me, shaking my body lightly. Every year it was a tradition for my sister and I to have a sleepover in my room and we would watch all the Santa Clause movies on Christmas Eve while we ate seasonal desserts and drank eggnog. It was nice that my sister and I had that tradition because other than that, our parents never made an effort to have any family traditions.
I stirred around a bit before slowly sitting up in my bed. It was still dark in my room, so I had no clue what time it could be. Reaching over to my nightstand, I grabbed my phone and checked for notifications and the time. I don't get how I'm possibly awake at 5:30 in the morning. I saw I had a couple texts from my friends and Cameron, but nothing more.

From: babe
Good morning beautiful, I hope you slept well. I'll be over to pick you up a little after 3. Merry Christmas, I can't wait to see you! Love you baby girl

Smiling at how cute he was, I started tapping my fingers to reply to him.

From: baby girl
Sounds perfect, I can't wait to see you either! Merry Christmas and I love you too babe.

I got up out of bed to see that Kenzie somehow made her way out of the room already. Everyone in my family was in the living room sitting and waiting for me to come and sit down. Christmas wasn't a joke to them apparently. I sat down and let out a yawn as I threw my phone to the side.

"Okay girls, you can start opening presents now. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry we haven't been around as often but as soon as the campaign is over, we will be around a lot more for you both." My father said.

"I'll believe it when I see it." I told him seriously.

"That's understandable, you don't have to accept it Lauren." He replied. I shrugged and then started opening gifts with Mackenzie while my parents opened the gifts they gave each other. There was a lot to open and my parents always got us a lot of things because they were rich, but every year it didn't feel right. It wasn't out of love, it was just the fact that they had money for the gifts.
After a few hours, I had received multiple things. Three new pairs of Nikes, some apparel from Nike, a few eyeshadow palettes from Sephora, a bunch of Sephora brushes, the new Marc Jacobs foundation, a bunch of clothes from Victoria's Secret, like five new vinyls, a new MacBook, and the Marc Jacob purse I've been wanting. I wasn't gonna complain, and Mackenzie loved her gift from me.
We still had until noon before the guests would be over so I decided to get into the shower and clean up. I walked over down the hall to my bathroom and closed the door behind me, locking it. Walking over to my shower, I reached behind the icy white colored curtain and turned the knob to hot, waiting for my water to warm up.
Once I was undressed, I threw my clothes in the white hamper and brushed my hair out before getting in. 'She Will Be Loved' was softly playing in the background making a small smile form on my face. I loved this song with literally pretty much all of my being. I sang along quietly as I lathered the coconut infused shampoo and conditioner throughout my hair. Coconut anything was pretty much life to me. After I did all my business, I turned the shower off and hopped out on to the rug to dry off.
Wrapping myself in the towel, I headed to my room trying to find something to wear. I wasn't really the type of person who dressed like a walking Christmas tree, so I chose to wear a white v-neck tee, ripped light washed skinny jeans, a black bralette, and a grey and white Nike zip up hoodie just in case it was chilly. I decided on going with my every day makeup and then I blow dried and curled my long brown hair (her look & her is below just for reference).