Rant 1: ✊🏾

In honor of Black History Month and Black History as a whole, let's start this rant book off with a bang, shall we?

So...

People who legitimately think that #BlackLivesMatter is a terrorist group

...

I. CAN'T.

1.) BLM is a MOVEMENT, not a GROUP per se. There are groups of people that protest and march in the name of #BLM because it's literally a SOCIAL MOVEMENT.

2.) For each group of peaceful protesters, there is going to be a group of more violent and angry people that want to cause destruction in the name of #BLM, but don't you DARE use that as your SOLE argument for believing people who support BLM are terrorists.

Miss me with that bullshit 🙄

No one's out here calling sports fans who riot and loot when their teams win or lose a group of terrorists. Why? Because the actions of a few (or many) do not define the whole.

• The KKK is a terrorist group, their purpose was/is to TERRORIZE. Please refer to the Birmingham church bombing, the AME Zion Church shooting in SC, Charlottesville, post-slavery beatings and lynchings. Does that mean all white people are evil and hate anyone who doesn't look like them? No, that's absurd as Hell.

• ISIS is a terrorist group, they literally want to terrorize people that believe and live differently than them in the name of Islam or whatever it is they think they believe in. Does that make every person from the Middle East or who practices Islam an extremist murderer? No, that's absurd as Hell.

• A black person robs a store. Are we all thieves now? No, that's absurd as Hell.

So WHY in the name of whatever god or deity or otherworldly being that you believe in do you think is okay to generalize a whole group of people as terrorists for continuing the fight against prejudice and discrimination because a FEW of them acted unlawfully and terribly?

The principle is the same, it applies EVERYWHERE and to EVERYONE; one does not equal all and vice versa. You may think you're being edgy with your "unpopular opinion", but you're not, you're just showing how well you cherrypick your knowledge and education.

Now, THAT shit is absurd as Hell.

So, my opinion will probably be popular amongst many and unpopular amongst a few, but I want to know your opinions regardless. If you agree, let's discuss it; if you disagree, let's discuss it.

I'm honestly curious about that viewpoint.

Sincerely,

A proud thicc Black woman
✊🏾