Chapter 2: Rap Life

Did I come off too harsh? My fault, But it be like that in south Chicago. I'm not all that bad. My life ain't always bout the weed, the hoes, and my shottas. But I rap about it, because that's what I know best.

So how about y'all get to know me some more. I used to play baseball before I got into this rapping stuff, that was somewhat fun and I was really good at it. I have four sisters and two brothers, all older than me. I got love for my family and for all those people who think my parents ain't  in my life, they are, and they're very supporting. 

Anyway, I'm a freshman now, But I'm currently being homeschooled. I get all my work done and make sure I know my stuff, because I was told knowledge is power. I actually like to read, that might shock some of y'all. After I make sure all my school work is finished, I hit up the studio, listen to some beats my producers throw my way, then get to writing. I usually just come up with the hook, then after that, it's easy to come up with the verses.

My rap style is drillin. Now I know y'all heard of that. For those who haven't, it's when young rappers from south Chicago, like me, rap about what we know. All you need is a hittin beat, some true lyrics, and a team, who know what it is. They say drillin is a sound that got all the record labels flocking to Chiraq. And what can I say? It's true.

I've had opportunities to team up with different labels. Like Cash Money Records. Me and my team choose to stay independent though. Hella Bandz, independent all day. Even Birdman told me to stay independent for as long as I can and I'm sticking to that.

I basically live for this rap lifestyle. I rap about what goes on around my neighborhood,  I'm just putting it out there, so y'all can know that this ain't no joke. I don't front about the things I rap about, because this shit is real.