Chapter Three - Arguments

【3rd Person's POV】

"W-what?" Cuphead asked in shock. 

"You heard him. We both saw you in the rain, and since we had an extra umbrella we wanted to go help you, but then (Y/N) came up to you and you guys shared an umbrella." Oswald admitted. 

"Yeah. We then followed you both, then you went into (Y/N)'s dormitory. What the fuck were you thinking?" Felix said, "we then waited for you in your dormitory, only to see you crying." 

Cuphead slightly backed away from Oswald and Felix. 

"You... You followed me?" He said, eyeing the two suspiciously. 

"You followed (Y/N) to her dormitory. Then, you come your dorm crying?" Oswald, said, hopping off Cuphead's table. "Spill." He said, throwing him a menacing glare. 

"I-I can explain. Just, hear me out, ok?"

Oswald and Felix gave him a dirty look, before nodding. "Listen, when (Y/N) had to assist me when walking to the nurse's office I couldn't fight back or walk by myself, for fuck's sake. Then when we arrive, the nurse wasn't there. So, (Y/N) decides to aid me because 'she's not heartless' and then helps me in the rain. I only went to my dormitory because she had to teach me how to wrap my bandages, okay! Give me a fucking break Oswald, Felix!" Cuphead said, glaring at said friends. 

Only tension flooded air before Oswald spoke. 

"That's your excuse? Because she helped you? You can't deny the fact you strike her 'till she's broken beyond repair for your own satisfaction. Then, she aids you a little and you come back crying?" Oswald retorted. "So what do want us to do? Leave her alone?" Felix added, shooting a dirty look at Cuphead.

"Actually, yeah! I don't want to watch another toon suffer under my gloved hands again! When I saw her break down on her bed like that, I felt like I got stabbed with guilt." Cuphead confessed, 

"I didn't know we broke her that badly!" he added. "Oh wow. She really changed you, didn't she? Not only did she change your heart, but she took it too?" Felix said, "you know what? We're done!" he added, shooting Cuphead an irritated expression. 

"If you care for her so badly, then do it! Lose your friends, your popularity and everything for her!" Felix yelled, as Oswald nodded in agreement and they both headed for the door.

"Oh, and if you don't want to lose everything, I recommend you forget about her very existence."

Felix and Oswald slammed the door behind them as they left Cuphead's dormitory.

 He was left there, shocked, angry, sad, betrayed, surprised and confused. Mixed emotions swelled up in Cuphead, he didn't know what to do. Questions flooded his mind like a tsunami. Why did he want to stop after years of bullying in one day? Why did he lose his friends in one day? Why did he have to choose his everything to someone's miserable life? Why? 

He groaned as he clutched his head in his palm. He couldn't think straight, too much had happened today. 

He would just have to wait for what tomorrow had for him.

-

(Y/N) slammed her locker shut, unsurprised that someone was waiting behind the door to beat her up. However, someone was missing from that group of people that would. Cuphead. Perhaps he had changed his disgusting ways. Oswald and Felix just stood there with evil intentions.

 (Y/N) just looked at their evil grins, but she could tell something was off. First, Cuphead wasn't there standing in the middle of the gang. Second, the smiles they wore were different. It had more of a snarl-like feel to it, full of anger. (Y/N) slightly clenched her teeth in fear and backed away, and she did her best to hide it. She didn't know what to expect from those glares with evil intentions within.

(Y/N) was about to run, but Felix had harshly grasped her uniform's collar.

 "Where do you think you're going?" He snarled, throwing her to the floor. "You know, you've caused a whole lot of trouble for us," Oswald said, leaning in to increase the effect of the glare. "You piece of shit." He added as he started to kick her mercilessly. Felix soon joined his friend and began physically hurting her. Strike after strike, (Y/N) could only suffer. She couldn't fight back. She couldn't run.

All she could do was just wait for it to end.

(Y/N) could only put her arms in front of her in a poor attempt at self-defense, as every hit caused her immense pain, but then someone abruptly moved in the way. (Y/N) slowly opened her eyes, only to see a grey coat blocking her view. 

She could recognize that coat anywhere, it belonged to Cuphead. Questions swarmed her head. Why was he protecting her? She slowly stood up despite all the injuries she had received from Felix and Oswald and noticed they had stopped attacking once they realized they were hurting Cuphead. 

"Cup?! You're protecting her now?!" Felix said in shock. Even though (Y/N) was behind Cuphead, she could feel his glare burning through his 'friends'.

"Did you not listen to anything I told you yesterday? Quit it!" Cuphead yelled, pushing Felix and Oswald to the floor so he stood above them. "Did you not listen to anything we said!? You'd rather lose everything to her!?" Felix yelled as he stood up. 

"I-I don't-" Cuphead said before Felix knocked him back to (Y/N). "Fine. If you're willing to sacrifice your friends, your status, your popularity and your everything for (Y/N), go ahead. We won't stop you!" Felix said, 

"Oswald, let's go." he added, dragging Oswald up to leave.

"You're just as weak as (Y/N)," Felix said, before leaving with Oswald closely following behind.