Chapter Twelve - You

【3rd Person POV】

(Y/N) twisted the doorknob open and exited the washroom, fully dressed in her school's uniform and ready to go to school. She personally thought the uniforms were too formal to her liking, but it was comfortable nonetheless. Lifting her backpack from the carpet and slinging it over her shoulder, she took one last glance at her little humble abode and opened the door.

It just so happened that some students were standing there too, with wide-eyes and mouths agape. Yeah, it's not like the girl that almost died and hasn't been seen for a few weeks just popped out of her door - like nothing ever happened.

As if they had read (Y/N)'s mind or something, they burst into a fit of gasps and whispers. Typical students, gossiping at something oh-so-shocking. What did they think, that she died or something? That she'd never return to school?

...

...

...

That's actually plausible, for them anyways. Golden Sierra high is just a bundle of gossiping over-dramatic students.

Oh gee, this made her think back to a few months ago, where she thought life wasn't worth it anymore. It still isn't worth living, but then she'd be known as a quitter. She couldn't bare the stray bullets from life's gun.

Scratch that, those bullets were aimed directly at her fucking face.

Whatever, she's lived for so long why end it now. Maybe once or thrice she had suicidal thoughts, they were quite recent when she thought about it, but now (Y/N) had learned to suck it up.

By crying herself to sleep every night, cutting herself, losing all emotion, yeah. Sure.

But- ugh! Forget it. She touched her face (more like slapped in anger, frustration and sadness) and felt wet tears rolling down her face oh so casually.

She didn't have time for this, why bother when she knew life wouldn't get better anyways.

Her parents still had to work. The students would never stop gossiping. Cuphead was well, alive, and so were his friends.

Hadn't she forgiven him? She tried, she tried really hard. He broke down into salty tears at the hospital, her heart clenched at the sight. Yet, it was still so hard to forgive him after all he's done.

Adorable, shiny, wet puppy-dog eyes with tears streaming down his face and-

Adorable? Did she use that word? For him?

She sighed once again, she couldn't deny how different Cuphead looked when he was vulnerable and emotional. Just very, different to how he usually looked.

Now that she's let all her thoughts go astray, so did her little confidence.

With no motives, confidence and no goal to really accomplish, she walked away.

Pure depression, sometimes she feels like she was tough and ready to take things on without flinching when suddenly all her emotions would disappear within her and she'd get so insecure to the fact where she'd want to cry.

Just her average day at hell- I mean, high school.

Those two are one in the same.

When she realized she had just been staring, zoning out at the empty spot where the two students once stood, she shook her head to erase those dumb thoughts. She was going to be late.

Rushing down the stairs and to the high school building, students slowly spotted her non-injured and completely okay state and rushed to tell the others. She knew the news would spread quickly. This is Golden Sierra High. Even simple detentions of a random student flys around everywhere at lightning speed.

Pathetic.

Once she arrived at the glass doors, she gazed up at them as she held a glare. She didn't want to come here but there was something within her, forcing her to return to school. She walked inside with a stoic expression, but they darted from student to student, analysing their shocked expressions.

They're just surprised she'd return - they probably thought she had died or over exaggerated the situation at hand. It was just a slightly severe skull fracture.

When she thought about it, maybe they had a reason to well, be shocked.

Well, the pool of blood that probably went everywhere - staining everything crimson - may or may not have been traumatizing for some students.

All she said was 'are you okay?' and then SMASH! Her head forcefully hit the metal locker and she was rushed to the hospital.

Did she really say she forgave him at the hospital?

Maybe, maybe it was a good idea that she did. Maybe - if Cuphead felt guilt in the first place - was lifted off his shoulders. He probably was, judging by his behaviour at the hospital.

Cuphead and crying really don't match. Oh well. Once (Y/N) had reached her locker, she spotted a blurry figure at the other end of the locker hall. She recognized those colors - !

Too clearly than she would have liked, too.

She gazed at the figure. The blurry yellow, white, red, grey and dark navy blue figure.

As she slowly neared him, she noticed all his features.

The red straw, the blond hair, the grey coat, oh she knew them too well.

Walking closer to him, he didn't seem to notice her presence.

She tapped his shoulder and watched as he turned to face her direction.

"What is it-" He said in a gruff voice before he glanced down (she was quite short in comparison to him) and looked at the toon that stood before him.

That white and red uniform, those glittering (E/C) eyes, those (F/A) ears, that (H/L) (H/C) shining hair, and that smile. That innocent smile, as if nothing ever happened.

"Cuphead."

"(Y/N)?!"

---