Chapter Twenty - Surprise

【Cuphead's Point of View】

I rushed to the mall in my tuxedo, ignoring the curious glances from the strangers I passed by. I quickly peeked at my watch - 7:00 pm. I sighed in relief - I still had plenty of time. Girls only need, like, thirty minutes to get ready, right? I wasn't a girl, I wouldn't know a thing about what I would need to do for prom. Whatever.

I finally arrived at the glass doors of the large mall, the automated doors greeted my entrance. As I walked inside, I explored the enormous shopping platform and walked over to the clothes section - specifically the women's clothing area. 

It was awkward to walk around female undergarments. Though I was shopping for a girl so of course, I had to pass by some. My eyes searched the area for any shops which held dresses of a sort on display. I eventually stumbled upon a small little shop which was located at the very end of the clothing hall. 

The dresses on display looked nice, to me anyways. Though, it was too puffy and lacey. Not to mention, revealing. I doubted that (Y/N) would like wearing something like that, but imagining (Y/N) in that dress was- ah shit, what the hell was I thinking?

She needed a good comfortable yet stylish dress asap.

I entered the shop, as a kind lady greeted me behind the counter. It was then I realized - this shop wasn't a small shop. On the outside, it looked like a small booth. Once I went inside, it was bigger than one of the school's locker halls. 

Were the other shops like this? Oh well, I didn't have time.

I searched the entire shop, all the dresses hung from the clothes hangers. It was tempting to take a picture of all of them and send them to (Y/N) - but she was probably getting ready with her makeup or something and I didn't want to intrude.

Then again, she did call me when I was preparing. 

Fuck it, it's a surprise. My eyes shot around the shop, looking for a suitable dress. Specifically, a dress coloured (F/C) as it was her favourite colour. Eventually, my endless search for some gown ended as my eyes landed on about twenty dresses. All of which were coloured (F/C) - how the hell was I going to choose just one?

They all looked really nice and comfortable, but they all had their flaws I guess.

Four of them had too many gems and sparkly objects which stood out too much. Five of them looked quite itchy on the inside. Six of them looked too much like a princess dress, so much lacing and puffy gowns. The remaining five, well.

I stood there pondering for a while which one stood out from the rest until I stole a glance at my watch. "7:20 pm?!" I muttered, eyes bulging at how much time it took just to get here. I needed to choose one, and quick.

I analysed all of the dresses quickly, and- wait, was that a-?

Yes, this one was perfect. I rushed back to that kind lady and purchases that item. It was quite expensive, but it was worth it. I could only hope that she loves it.

-

【(Y/N)'s Point of View】

I looked in the mirror, waiting with high anticipation of what dress was I to wear tonight. I could only hope that Cuphead's taste in fashion was good - if only I kept that other dress with me so it wouldn't get ruined by that, that bitch!

I wondered if she was going to go - after all, you need a date. Oh, who am I kidding! Of course, she'd go. She's going to ruin my dress once again, manipulate Cuphead into bullying me again, turn the entire school against me, the possibilities were endless.

I didn't stand a chance against that rabbit. I looked in the mirror once again, why was I so weak? Why couldn't I stand up for myself, why couldn't I just get up when everyone was trampling over me like I was some sort of rug?

No, I had to stay strong. Cuphead has changed, he even went to the mall to buy a dress when he knew I needed it. I forgave him, didn't I? I couldn't just change my mind just like that. He's not like that anymore, I repeated.

I heard a knock at my door. That must be Cuphead! I scurried to the entrance and looked through the peephole on the door, and my suspicions were correct. There he stood, looking handsome as ever in a tuxedo. 

Oh shit, did I just call him-

"(Y/N)? You going to open the door or what?"

I quickly opened the door and saw him standing there, holding a bag. A shopping bag with my prom dress inside, I assumed.

"Sorry, I was making sure that I was opening the door for you - and I was! Thanks Cuphead, I really owe you one." I said.

"It's no problem, really! I hope you like it. Come on now, we don't have a lot of time. Get changed and do your makeup. I guess I'll wait outside." He offered.

"No, you don't have to Cup. I'll change in the washroom, you can wait in my dorm if you want." I said, picking up the dress from the floor. I blinded myself from what the dress looked like, I wanted to try it on first.

"Thanks." He said with a warm smile, going over to sit on my bed. Coincidentally in the same spot where I wrapped his bandages - it's funny, really.

"I'll go get changed now. I'll be quick, I promise!" I said, before entering the washroom.

I shut the door behind me, kneeled on the floor and took out the dress. My eyes opened in surprise - it was absolutely beautiful!

The top and upper half were coloured a light beige with little gems that peppered all around, with a long silk-like (F/C) fabric making the gown. To top it off, was a little shiny (F/A) charm glued onto the little ribbon. 

Stylish, yet comfortable! My favourite colour, along with a little (F/A) charm! I quickly put it on and finished my make up. Along with some earrings which suited the (F/A) charm to finish it. I looked in the mirror - I looked beautiful!

It made me feel confident - as if I was going to beat that little bunny bitch tonight. 

I walked out the door with a grand entrance. "How do I look?" I asked with a tint of sass in my voice. He glanced in my direction, pupils widening. A red hue covered his face, well, I thought it did. Disappeared before I could even take a mental snapshot of it. He shot me a warm smile, before getting up from my bed.

"You look stunning." He said. "Thanks, and you look handsome!"

His face turned the colour of his crimson-red eyes, but this time, I was able to take a mental picture of it. "W-well, we should go now."

I nodded my head, smiling warmly.

His gloved hand grasped onto mine as we exited my dorm - I was nearly flaunting my fabulous dress. Until I realized, that I forgot to do something.

"Cuphead, mind if I do something?" I asked, looking up at his blood-red eyes. "Yeah, wha-"

I hugged Cuphead as tight as I could, I could imagine his surprised expression.

"Thank you, for everything."

-

A/N: Hoped you liked this chapter, it's longer than my normal chapters. 

By the way, if you like this book, you should really check out @InsomniacArtist's newly published book! If you like BABTQFTIM them read it. It's about dark secrets ready to be unravelled, and it's also a Cuphead x Reader book! So, while waiting for the next update, read that!