Chapter Eleven - Dried Tears

【3rd Person's POV】

"Run!" Rylo screamed, "please, leave this place and don't look back! It's not safe here!"

"No, Rylo! I would never leave you, you're not fighting a losing battle alone!" Tayoko ran to the battlefield, rifle firmly in hand.

"You don't understand, Tayoko, please just listen to me! T-they're too powerful, we'll both die. P-please, I'm begging you, leave now!" Rylo violently pushed her to the ground, tears streaming down his face like a waterfall.

"R-Rylo, please, let me fight with you. I don't want to leave you to die." Tayoko pleaded.

The soldier kicked off the Bapisk attempting to bite at him, "why can't you listen to me for once?! Leave, I tell you, leave!"

"Damnit Tayoko stop being such a clingy-ass girlfriend." (Y/N) thought aloud. She sighed as she shut the dystopian science-fiction romance book close, rolling off her bed. She had been residing at her dormitory for a while now. Hiding away in her little room, doing nothing but reading romance-themed novels.

Why couldn't someone love her as much couples loved each other in these books? Sure, they are completely fictional but love like this exists in the real world. Would she really grow up and die alone as a single and ready to mingle crazy cat lady?

...Probably.

It was not like she could really do anything about it. Impressing someone? Nah. Well then again, prom was coming up. Very soon, actually.

It's not like anyone would ask her anyways.

(Y/N) wasn't too disappointed at that, throughout all her years at Golden Sierra high, no one had asked her out. Despite this, she didn't want to miss the free food. Was it free? She forgot.

She shifted over to her left and switched on her computer, clicking away to search for the email the school had sent the students two weeks prior. She read an email with the title 'PROM INFORMATION' in bold, black letters. Her eyes scanned through the text, with the cartoon-like rainbow coloured balloons around the digital poster.

She finally found the information she needed.

'The entry ticket for Golden Sierra High's grade 11 prom night is a date or a party of five other friends', it read.

She sighed, kissing her free food and drinks bye bye. Without any friends or a date, she for sure wouldn't be going.

Why couldn't this prom be like the other proms where you could go alone?

Oh well. The prom took place on the 10th of March, and (Y/N) knew she would just reside in her bed, alone.

No problem... No problem whatsoever.

...

Speaking of being alone, she didn't have to be alone at this very moment. Tomorrow, actually.

Although she had no friends to accompany her if she did return to school tomorrow, at least there would be other toons around her having a good time.

They probably didn't want her to return anyways, but she couldn't miss out on too much education. Once she gets a degree, gathers experience and earns a well paying job, her life would be complete.

Her love life probably wouldn't but it was optional.

Dammit, why was the thought of love always crossing her mind?

Whatever. Be realistic, she would be a lonely crazy cat lady. She already had a cat named Sesame and they were all she needed as company throughout her life.

Shaking away her thoughts, she looked outside the window. From her dormitory, she could see the empty football field and the dark high school. The street lights barely helped her vision.

Oh well.

She shut her eyes closed and drifted off to dreamland.

Tomorrow was the day.

---

RING RING RING!

(Y/N)'s eyes fluttered open as she glared at her blood-red alarm clock that resided on her night-stand. Switching the alarm clock off so it would shut up, she rolled out of bed. Did she really want to go to school? It was as if all her motivation and determination disappeared throughout the night.

She felt numb.

She didn't want to go back to school anymore, it's not like anyone would want her there anyways! People would revert back to their own ways of trampling over her happiness.

Oh well, she made her choice yesterday. She felt like she would do something she would deeply regret, a bad feeling growing inside her. Despite this, she pushed away the negative thoughts and worries and carried on to prepare for the day.

As she entered the bathroom, she turned to face herself in the mirror. Maybe she wasn't ready for this. It's a big thing, practically hanging over the cliff of death then returning to where it started. Matching her eyes with her reflection, all saw was something she didn't want to be.

Someone stupid.

Terrible.

Cringey.

Useless.

Foolish.

Careless.

Heartless.

Immature.

...

Someone worthless.

Why couldn't she see someone happy?

Needle and string wouldn't keep her heart together for much longer.

It's okay.

She was ok.