Chapter Seventeen - Sketchy Messages

Fanny stood in the crowd, glaring at (Y/N) with pure jealousy. Anger, even. How come Cuphead decided to ask her? (Y/N), out of all people? Why not her? Why not her?

She didn't understand - what was there to like about that teenage dirtbag? She didn't look pretty, she wasn't exceedingly intelligent either. For Peter's sake, he used to bully her!

(A/N - comment if you get that joke)

And now, he's all flustered, head over heels for the girl. Fanny, now out of his life. She was just in the shadows of (Y/N), so much that she was completely forgotten by Cuphead.

Did he not see this better looking girl? Dropping hints, flirting, seducing? Was it not enough? (Y/N) and Cuphead just didn't fit. She'd thought after all the rumors and fake news she had spread about that bitch, that Cuphead would have left her by now?

Left (Y/N) for the one he was supposed to be with; Fanny? No, when she thought about it, the rumors she claimed were not, well, spread by others. They were too busy, hyped up with this 'injured and nearly dead (Y/N)' and the 'depressed Cuphead', it just turned her rumors to dust!

What was so interesting? She wasn't there to see it, surely it wasn't that bad. She's alive, seemingly unfazed by what she had been put through.

Fanny stared at (Y/N) with rage - no way was she hanging on the cliff of death if she was still there, standing there. Flaunting to everyone about how Cuphead had asked her out to prom.

It was not right. They were not meant for each other.

Cuphead and Fanny were meant for each other. She was superior comparing to (Y/N); the beauty, the personality, the everything!

(Y/N) was just some dumb (H/C) haired whore that needed to learn her place.

What did (Y/N) have that Fanny didn't? Fanny wasn't a loser, wasn't a bitchy whore, wasn't a slut, looked much better, and had way more popularity.

Cuphead didn't want to ruin his ego.

(Y/N) clearly disliked the massive attention and drama.

They both disliked the fake gossip that had already been spread. Not by Fanny.

Now, what could Fanny to to steal Cuphead away from (Y/N)? To give Cuphead some common sense, to leave that loser for someone better.

Someone like Fanny. Someone beautiful. Someone hot. Someone useful. Someone who had the entire school wrapped around her little finger.

And that's when it clicked - that's when realization finally struck her.

Rumors. Attention. Drama. Humiliation.

The plan was too good to be true - she would just have to wait for the big day.

March 10th.

~

【(Y/N)'s POV】

I scrolled through the drama articles of the internet, growing attached to everything. The internet is such an amazing platform - you could meet new friends, find all sorts of entertainment, educate yourself, be inspired and so much more. The best of all though was that no one knew who you were.

I may be an utterly useless and bullied loser at school, but on the internet; I could be anyone I want. I could be myself, do what I love without being tormented. Besides the haters, of course, I could just block them.

With a simple 'click!' or 'tap' they would disappear from my life forever. If only there was a 'block' option in this world, I would have liked it for company before. Now though, I didn't need it.