Three

Virgil's P.O.V

"Oh, yeah. I totally see it in a whole new light." I said in my normal-ish voice.

"Really?" Pranks and Deppy ask at the same time.

"No." I say, maybe a little harshly.

"Awe." Pranks pouts

"PLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!" Deppy yells very loudly leaning in.

"I'm not going! And get out of my bubble, Dep." I say RIGHT BEFORE I'm trapped in a group hug. Nonononononononono. Not comfortable. Too close, waaaay too close. Send Help. Please.

"We're not letting go until you PROMISE to come to the ball with us!" Pranks tells me.

"Well, I guess all three of us won't go then."

"Or we'll just force you." Fear says walking into the living room. Today Fear is a female.

"Don't you want to help your brother out Fear?"

"Nah, I out of my siblings I prefere Depresion."

I glare at Fear, of course it didn't faze them. "You owe me, remember?"

They tilt their head to the side, confused. Slowly dawning, they run off with their hands over their ears screaming 'la' over and over as loud as they can. Deppy and Pranks, in their confusion, had lessened their grips on me letting me escape. I ran out of the living room, them chasing after me. It was raining outside and knowing they wouldn't follow me I ran outside.

I went a few yards away from our mind palace, leaving my jacket at the entrance. I spread out my arms, face tilted toward the sky, and smiled. In case you didn't notice I'm a pluviophile, aka 'lover' of rain.

It's the only time I'm not anxious. After a bit the rain started to come down harder, and I decided to go for a walk like any sane person would. I knew Dad wouldn't be here today because he's helping with the ball. So I wouldn't get scolded for not grabbing my bag.

Part of me tells me to go back and grab it, but why would I need it when all of that stuff is also in my treehouse? Which is where I'm going to anyway. I pull out my phone (it has a waterproof case, and the phone is also waterproof) and start playing music on max volume. Slipping it back into my pocket, I reach the ladder to my tree house.

When I go to climb up I hear Patton talking to someone:

"This doesn't belong to you! What are you doing here?!" Patton scolds.

"It isn't yours either, and Missy doesn't have one. So, who does it belong to?" The other voice answers.

"I'm the one asking questions here! I'm the father not you. So, what are you doing here?!"

"It started to rain and I saw this place."

"Here's an umbrella, now please leave!"

"Why am I not allowed to wait out the storm? Why are you staying here?"

"You're not allowed here. Did you not see the sign?"

"You mean the one that reads 'No one is to enter if your peppy, with exceptio to Dad, egotistic, know-it-all, and/or I just plain hate you'?"

"That's the one."

"Yeah, I saw it and ignored it."

"Princey, you're my son and I love you, but trespassing is illegal."

"It's a treehouse."

So PRINCEY is in MY treehouse! How dare he! Patton is the only 'good' trait allowed up there! I decided to keep listening, so I knew when to hide.