Hold On For Me?

"Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone"

Sorey and Mikleo had gotten into another fight. They loved each other, but they had their differences, like any normal couple. This time though, Sorey had gone too far and said things that he would come to regret soon enough. Mikleo had heard enough, he couldn't take anymore.

"You locked yourself in the bathroom
Lying on the floor when I break through
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming 'please don't leave me'
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you"

Mikleo turned and dashed to bathroom, he locked the door behind him. Sorey had taken those few minutes to calm down and register everything. Everything he had said.
"Oh god I screwed up." He ran to the bathroom and knocked on the door softly.
"Mikleo?" No answer.
"Mikleo??" Panic was starting to rise in his chest.
"Mikleo?!" Still no answer. He debated what to do before he turned and charged the door, it cracking open under his weight, completely breaking the lock. His eyes landed on Mikleo lying on the floor in a puddle of his own blood.
His eyes widened and filled with tears as he dropped down to his knees to pick up Mikleo and cradle him. He checked for a pulse.
"Come on Mikleo, please don't leave me!"
"Just- just- hold on, I still need you, I love you..." He could feel the tears coming out full force.

"A long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Drivin' a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fadin'
Hiding in the shock and the chill in my bones"

At some point Sorey had called an ambulance, but he didn't really remember doing it. Everything was a blur. All he knew was he needed to keep holding on to Mikleo's hand. He felt if he let go, Mikleo would leave him. It felt like the ambulance just kept driving as he watched Mikleo, silent and still beside him.

"They took you away on a table
I pace back and forth as you lay still
They pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, "please don't leave me"
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you"

They had gotten to the hospital and they took Mikleo away on a stretcher. Sorey tried to follow but was stopped by a nurse. He paced back and forth the in the waiting area as the doctors worked.
"Please don't leave me Mikleo." He chanted it over and over again in his head.
          "I still want you."
"I still need you."
"I love you."
"I'm sorry for everything."
"Please Mikleo hold on, I still need you, I love you."

"I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying baby, let's go home
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you"

It had been an hour already. Sorey was tired yet he wouldn't allow himself to rest. He had to wait for Mikleo. He knew this was his fault. If he hadn't have been such an idiot when they were fighting none of this would have happened. He thought back to the fight.
          "Just go away Mikleo!"
"But Sor-"
"No! I don't want to hear it anymore Mikleo!"
"Please Sorey, I'm sorry." His voice was quiet, shaking, tears were flowing from his eyes.
"No. Just don't. You're annoying and whiny. I really don't want to hear it. Mikleo just go away... and don't come back for a while. I need some time." Mikleo eyes widened and that's when he had ran. Mikleo couldn't believe he was hearing this from the one he trusted and loved.
Sorey cringed at his own harsh words. He knew Mikleo had had a ruff past, he always had kept up walls, but he let them crumble in front of Sorey. But Sorey wasn't thinking then, he just said things, empty words, things he never, and will never, mean. Selfish things.
"I'm sorry Mikleo."
He loved Mikleo, he had since they were kids. But now he had screwed it up. He sat down in a nearby chair and allowed himself to finally break down. He sat crying, his breath hitching and making him cough, and all the happy memories of him and Mikleo rushed through his head and hit him like a truck. The tears came harder and faster.
After ten minutes of being in that state, his face was tear streaked. His eyes were red, blood shoot, and puffy. Just then a doctor walked into the waiting area.
"Is there anyone here for a... Mikleo Luzov Rulay?" Sorey jumped up.
"That's me! Is he okay?" He said as he rushed over to the doctor.
"Yes, he will recover. He lost a lot of blood but he got here just in time. Any longer and the results might not have been the same. Also the recovery is going to be slow and he will be weak for a while but he will recover."
Sorey let out a shaky breath of relief. He felt like all his worried had disappeared but it was immediately replaced by fatigue. He swayed on his feet a little but he would worry about that after he saw Mikleo.
"Can I see him?"
"Yes you can... but be very quiet and try not to cause him any stress, he is probably awake, call us though if anything happens. He is in room 202 down the hall and to the left." The doctor left to check on other patients.
          Sorey pretty much ran to Mikleo's room, counting the room numbers until he reached 202. When he got to Mikleo's door he stopped in front of it.
          "What if Mikleo doesn't want to see me, what if he hates me now? It is my fault that Mikleo is here."
          Sorey shook off his thoughts and opened the door quietly, almost silently. He looked over to Mikleo and his eyes met amethyst ones. A small, weak smile formed on Mikleo's face.
          "Sorey..." His voice was quite. "I'm so glad you're here."
Sorey walked over and sat down next to him giving him a small smile.
"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"
"I- I thought you didn't love me anymore... I thought I would be alone again." Mikleo eyes started to gloss over and he started to cry. Sorey's chest tightened and he gently pulled Mikleo into a hug. Mikleo relaxed in the warm embrace.
"Mikleo I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have said any of what I had. I didn't mean any of it. I thought you would hate me after what I had said. If it weren't for me you wouldn't be here either. I'm so sorry Mikleo..." He was crying now to. Mikleo looked up at him.
"Sorey, I don't hate you, and this isn't your fault. I'm sorry too, I can see you're exhausted, thank you for waiting for me." Mikleo hugged him tighter.
Sorey didn't know what to say, he loved Mikleo so much, and he had been forgiven. He just held Mikleo closer, still being gentle, but conveying his feelings that way.
Sorey had decided to stay the night, but when the nurse asked him if he was family so he could stay, he hesitated.
"Are Mikleo and I still-" But Mikleo cut in and proudly stated he was his boyfriend. The nurse excepted it and he could stay the night. They talked and talked, until Mikleo had gotten tiered and fell asleep.
Sorey decided he would never make Mikleo feel this way again. He would take extra care of him, he would show him that he loved him now more than ever. He would never let Mikleo feel alone again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~1,386 words~
~I really love this song and wanted to make a song story since I thought they are really cool~
~Shipwhatever