Chapter Four

Zach's POV (shocker)

   After last night no one had really said much. When Daniel had snapped out of whatever type of trance he was in he told us he was just joking, which had to be one of the worst excuses that I have ever heard. We all knew that it wasn't a prank we just didn't bother arguing or prying any information because at that point he just needed rest.

  I was now sat at the desk in the room Jonah and I shared. The lamp was shining on the paper in my hands, the same one I found on the floor. By now I know that I have probably been staring at this paper well over an hour now, but I wanted to know what it meant. Maybe it has to do with something from when we were younger...does it even have to do with us? What if it's just Daniel, what if it doesn't even have to do anything with him either?

"Why would he write these initials, is it someone we know...he knows?" I whispered to my self leaning my elbows on the desk placing the paper down. The stress of overthinking was starting to get to me. I let out a groan and leaned back bringing my hands behind my head intertwining my fingers.

I felt my body tense when two hands softly gripped my shoulders and brought my arms down. He leaned forward and kissed my cheek resting his chin on my shoulder and I felt my body melt into his touch realizing it was only Jonah.

"You're stressing yourself, I can tell. It's not good for you" he said and pulled away slightly to turn me around in the swirly chair I was sitting in. I sighed and looked at him and down at my hands.

"I know that I shouldn't but doesn't it bother you in the slightest? I mean our best friend just had a mental breakdown and he still isn't okay I know he isn't. And he wrote this," I paused turning around and grabbed the paper pointing at it. "He doesn't even know what it means! It literally the creepiest thing ever. And those are initials, I just want to know why that happened to Daniel...are we really just going to brush it off and pretend it didn't happen?" I ranted and stood up. Jonah got up from kneeling and turned around rubbing his face with his hands. I waited for him to answer and it seemed as he didn't even have one. A sigh left my lips and I went to leave the room before he stopped me.

"We all know that what happened wasn't natural but whether we like it or not the best thing to do is focus on Daniel and not mention it. We do what's good for him right now not for what we want." He said.

My hand hovered over the door handle and I looked down at my other hand that tightly held the paper.

"What's best for Daniel? How do we know when Daniel won't even speak to us" I said still and lifted my head. I turned it slightly so I was looking over my shoulder

"You don't know what Daniel wants." I whispered and gripped the door handle and left the room slamming the door behind me. I don't care if I overreacted, my friend is being...screwed with by someone. Something. I want more information. I'm going to figure out who J.R.A. is no matter what. 

Word count: 591

This is more of a filler chapter but still some good info so enjoy!

s o p h i a 💖