Chapter eleven

Zach's POV

I felt my heart drop into my stomach and my face paled. Well I don't know if Daniel is going to speak first or not but right now we are in deep shit. Jonah looked so mad and honestly it scared me.

"Uh...out?" I stumbled out an answer.

"Out?" Corbyn copied and uncrossed his arms obviously unsatisfied with my poor excuse or an answer. He strode over to us slowly and paused for a second deciding what to say next. Realizing if they saw the folder that it might actually be the end of the both of us. My hand made its way behind my back as Corbyn scolded us about how they were worried and we can't leave like that with out telling them.

"What is that Zach?" Jonah asked cutting off Corbyn. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Daniel's head snap towards me and his eyes flicker down to the folder that was making its way into hiding before Jonah opened his mouth.

"N-nothing" I stuttered and pushed it all the way out of view.

"Nothing my ass" Jonah said and quickly walked over to me. I took a step back but Corbyn grabbed my arm stopping me; my eyes drifted over to Daniel and he looked just as worried as I was. The folder was snatched out of my hand and I went to grab it. Jonah had already opened it and began to read it.

"You're really still on this?" Jonah asked in disbelief.

"On what?" Corbyn said confused.

"Zach's been doing research on what happened with Daniel after I told him to stop." Jonah replied steaming in anger.

"You know what, if you just stopped for a second and listened instead of deciding what good for people and what's not then maybe I wouldn't have to go behind your back" I shot back snatching my arm back from Corbyn's grip.

"That's not..." Jonah was cut off my Daniel.

"Stop! Can you please just stop. I've been shaky the past couple days I know that but I'm tired of it and when Zach came to me with the information he had I took the chance and we went searching for more information and you know what? I'm glad we did cause now I know I'm not going insane. There is something, Someone in this house and I know it." He yelled and breathed heavily when he finished talking. Jonah and Corbyn looked like they were at a loss of words.

"I-.....okay." Jonah said breaking the silence.

"Okay?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, we'll help you" Corbyn said agreeing with Jonah. I looked over at Daniel and his face showed relief. Looking back over at Jonah and Corbyn a smile formed on my face.

"So what do you know?" Jonah asked.

"Well Daniel isn't going crazy, there was a murder here years ago but one of the kids never moved on. It's like he is stuck here." I responded.

"Our house is haunted?" Corbyn said and I nodded.

"We tried finding more information at the town library and that's where we got the folder that you're holding. And we ended up finding a grander daughter of the mothers friend. She told us more about Jack." Daniel explained.

"That is his name?" Jonah asked, Daniel and I nodded. Jonah flipped through the pages and stopped on Jacks picture and studied the page. Corbyn leaned over his shoulder and did the same.

Corbyn's POV

While Daniel explaining more to Jonah and I, something had caught my eye. My head looked over and I could see a hand gripping the door jam leading up to the stairs around the corner. It slowly moved behind the wall dragging fingers along the white paint and left behind blood.

My eyes widened in fear and my breath hitched in my throat. I reached my hand out to the person closest to me and tapped them lazily and then pointed a shaky finger to the door jam.

I didn't receive an answer. Bloody finger prints stained the once clean walls and then something began to drop down. More blood. The blood just kept coming flooding from the ceiling to the floor drip by drip and formed a puddle that headed straight towards me. My body began to move away as fast as it could. I tripped over my footing and fell on my butt. Then I resorted to scotching backwards using my hands and feet frantically. The blood got faster and closer and I felt the wall hit my back. Soon it reached me and began to surround me, crawling up my arms and legs. Just all over my body. I turned my arms and hands around a couple times quickly watching in horror as my skin began to become a deep red. I slapped my arms and let out whimpers.

"No no no get off" I cried out. It made its way up my neck and spread around my face. I let out more screams and cries of pain because it was like the blood was laced with pain. And it was coursing throughout my whole body and wouldn't stop. As I thought it couldn't get any worse blood filled my mouth making me feel like I couldn't breath.

Then it all stopped.

"Corbyn?" A shaky voice asked. I pulled the hands that covered my eyes away from my face and opened my eyes looking up. Jonah, Zach and Daniel stood there with fear filling their face. Jonah kneeled down next to my side. And placed a hand on my shoulder causing me to flinch before I leaned into him and began crying.

"It hurt so much and it wouldn't stop, I-I...there was j-just so much blood!" I sobbed. Jonah rubbed my back and pulled me into a hug and the three boys waited till I was calm. It took about 5 minutes before I was only sniffling every so often. I pulled away from Jonah's hug but still leaned into him.

"Corbyn" Daniel called.

"Hmm?"

"There was no blood" he said slowly.

Word count: 1022

Hey! So originally I was just gonna make this a filler chapter but I've been gone for to long so I decided to treat you guys to something a little better.

.Jonah is next.

- s o p h i a ⭐️