Chapter eight

Third person POV

For the remainder of that day Zach and Daniel spent time with Corbyn and Jonah just lounging around doing whatever. They thought that Daniel was finally coming back to them. They weren't wrong Daniel was coming back but he was also onto something else.

They had just finished watching a Harry Potter movie picked out by the one and only Jonah who had an insane love for the series. Daniel sat up and stretched letting out a weird noise and then grabbed his phone looking at the time. It read 10:47 pm and he was already beyond tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

"Hey guys I'm gonna go to bed I feel like I'm about to crash" Daniel said standing up. They all looked up at him and there was a chorus of good nights. He let a tiny smile onto his face and walked away to his room. When he had almost reached his room Daniel felt someone grab his hand. If you asked him he would deny it but he did let a not-so-manly scream pass his lips. Quickly slapping a hand over his mouth he turned around and saw Zach standing trying stifle his laughs but failing. Daniel removed his hand from his mouth and then yanked his other from Zach's giving him a sour look.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Just wanted to remind you about tomorrow jeez" Zach said throwing his hands up in surrender.

"Yeah I remember" Daniel replied softer.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow morning then!" Zach said happily before walking away and into
his room while Daniel watched him. He looked down to his feet and mumbled out,

"Tomorrow..."

Sighing Daniel retreated back into his room and got ready for bed. Once his head hit the pillow he was out like a light.

J.R.A 's  POV

I watched the boy get ready for bed studying all his movements. Him and his little friend keep snooping into my business and it's beginning to piss me off even more. I've already given him multiple warnings and he hasn't listened. If he really wants to know then I'll show him. Tonight.

Daniel's POV

(Dream)
I sat there and watched the family get murdered one by one watched their tears fall down their face and listened to the screams escape their throats. I could literally feel the pain that they felt. The man had then killed the last kid but I couldn't see his face. I could hear him screaming and then I felt a piecing pain in the back of my eyes causing me to scream too. It never stopped. A woman kept screaming something that I couldn't make out. I tried focusing on what she was saying but I couldn't.
The screams continued to escape my throat and then things began to fade away "........!" ...aniel" "DANIEL!"

(Dream over)

"JACK!" I shouted as I shot up panting. Hands gripped onto my shoulders and I reached my hands up gripping the wrist looking over and seeing Corbyn. His face held concern and confusion but never pity. I tried to talk but I couldn't because as soon as I opened my mouth a sob came out instead of words. And then another and another until I was crying so hard I began hyperventilating.

"Shit" Corbyn muttered and climbed onto my bed next to me and brought me into a close hug. I gripped onto his shirt and cried until I couldn't anymore and once I was calm Corbyn turned me to face him.

"I thought that you were getting better what changed?" He asked softly. I looked up at him and shrugged.

"I'm...I'm not sure, I just..." I didn't know how to explain it to him.

"Hey hey it's fine you don't have to tell me. Come here" he said opening his arms. I leaned into him cuddling into his chest and closing my eyes. I felt him kiss the top of my head before drifting back into a dreamless sleep.

                        • the next morning •

I groaned as the light hit my face waking me up and rolled over into my side placing my arm on my forehead. I was back under my covers and Corbyn was gone. He must've put me to bed once he realized I was sleeping. Smiling slightly I got up and sat at the edge of my bed. He has always been there for me and is probably one of the best friends I could ever ask for.

"Daniel" Zach's voice called from my doorway. I looked over at him and stood up.

"What happened last night?" He asked.

"Nothing just a bad drea-" he cut me off.

"No Daniel you what I mean. You told me about the dream so what happened with this one?" He pushed further.

"It was the same...but even more detailed than before" I explained and paused for a second. "I could literally feel the pain. At one point it felt like my eyes were being gouged out. There was this woman screaming something I couldn't make out but when I woke up I screamed someone's name."

"What was the name?" Zach asked slowly.

"Jack" I said looking up at him. He looked at me trying to figure something out and then it was like it clicked.

"Stay here just hold on jus-" he said backing out of the room in a rush while pointing at me, almost slamming into the doorway on the way out. I had no idea what he was doing but I waited regardless. A minute or so later he busted back into the room with a piece of paper in his hand.

"You said the name was Jack right?" He asked.

"Yeah, Zach what are you on about and why do you have that?" I questioned.

"Just give me a minute, this paper is the one that you wrote when you had that 'episode' and it said I warned you - J R A" he said.

"Yeah but what does that have to do with my dreams?"  I said still confused.

"Oh my god do I have to spell it out for you J.R.A, I think J stands for jack and those dreams of yours are the murder that happened here in this house" Zach explained.

"Holy shit" I whispered.

Word count: 1057

Well damn. Thoughts? Predictions?

- s o p h i a  ⭐️