June 16,1992

*had to give y'all something happy since that last chapter was dumb sad

It was Amaru's birthday and Damita had a surprise for him. She had been talking with Taniyah and Keisha, they told her just what to do.

"You gone put it on when you get home?"Taniyah asked her.

"No, I have it on now. Under my dress. It didn't make sense to me to change when we got back home."Damita shrugged. "I'm nervous though, I know we do this all the time, but tonight is different. What if he doesn't like it?"

"Girl hush. He'll like it. You could wear a damn sheet and he'll love it."Keisha rolled her eyes and sipped from her drink.

"He's cutting up. I don't want to get to drunk or he won't enjoy it."Damita laughed as she watched Amaru cutting up with Mike. She had been buying him drinks all night.

Amaru started walking towards her and grabbed her. He put his arms around her waist then grabbed her ass with both his hands. "You look good."He whispered in her ear.

He ran his cold tongue up up down her neck making her moan just a little. "Baby. Stop."Damita breathed. She didn't want him getting her all hot in front of all these people.

She tried to push him away but he grabbed her tighter and they started tongue wrestling in front his whole party.

"I'm finna tear your ass in half."Amaru spoke lowly and kissed her once on the lips before walking away.

Damita stood there kind of in a trance until Taniyah broke her out of it.

"Girl. What the hell? You alright?"Taniyah and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm just— he just — never mind."Damita smiled to herself and went to sit at the bar.

She kept looking at Amaru over her shoulder, waiting for him to give her the signal he was ready to leave.

"Girl. You over here staring at him like he's not yours. Go get him."Taniyah became irritated with her.

"What if he's not ready to leave yet?"Damita kept staring at him until their eyes met. She started smiling and he motioned for her to come over to him.

Damita stood up and pulled her dress down before meeting him on the other side of the room.

"Are you ready to leave, because I am?"Amaru put his arm around her neck and kissed her cheek.

"Yeah."Damita smiled and brushed her hair behind her ears.

"Give me your keys."Damita demanded. He was too drunk to drive but she wasn't. Amaru raised his arm in the air as Damita felt through his pockets for his keys.

She didn't feel them.

He quickly pulled the keys out of his pocket and handed them to her.

"Stop playing so damn much."Damita snatched the keys from him.

Amaru slowly trailed behind her, everything around him was moving slow motion.

"Come on!"Damita grabbed his arm, forcing him to catch up with her. She helped him into the car and drove him home.

She had to help him out the car when they got there, but they got into the house fine. Nothing happened.

Damita took him to their room and helped into the bed. He immediately grabbed her and started kissing her all over.

"Wait."Damita pushed him away from and ran to the bathroom. She took off her dress and fixed her hair.