Amaru, are you okay?

"Back the fuck up, nigga"Amaru screamed and pulled Damita closer to him. He kept tightening his grip.

Damita sat up, noticing that his eyes were still closed. He was having a nightmare.

"Ah fuck, you shot me. What the fuck? You shot me."Amaru screamed.

He was sweating bullets and Damita was terrified. She didn't want to touch him, because he was in the moment.

Amaru started breathing heavily before popping up. His chest heaved up and down as he tried to catch his breath. Damita touched her hand to his shoulder, making him whip his head towards her.

Damita flinched at how quickly he moved and scooted away from him.

Amaru, in shock, paced his breathing while rubbing his face.

Damita slowly reached out for his shoulder once again and grabbed him. "B-baby. Is everything alright?"

Amaru faced her and looked away. He couldn't handle the concerned look on her face. She was in her purest form, she just wanted to hold him and console him.

"Baby...Talk to me. You're scaring me."Damita sat in front of him so that she was in his view.

"You wouldn't understand, babygirl."Amaru sighed.

"Help me understand then!"Damita slightly raised her voice. "Amaru. Baby, I just want you to be vocal with me. Tell me how you're feeling. Tell me what's going on in that head of yours. I'm listening, I'm always listening."She held his hands.

"I just— I feel like my past life is fucking wit my new one. It's like, I know that I ain't that person nomore, but it's always gone be on my conscience and I can't take that shit back. I feel like I'm running out of time, like I won't be here much longer."Amaru's voice cracked with emotion.

Damita's eyes softened up as she listened to him. Her heart broke for him. She loved him so much that she felt what he felt. Her tears were his tears.

"Every night, I dream about my life and my future, but I don't get old. It always stops in the same place. In every dream, I die in a different way."Amaru tried to stop his tears, but he couldn't stop.

He was bearing his full self to Damita. This was the most vulnerable he had ever been in his life.

"Every day when I wake up and wonder if it's my last. You don't know how scary that shit is."Amaru gulped.

"Don't say that."Damita sniffled and wiped away his tears. "You're not going anywhere. Nothing is going to happen to you. You haven't served your purpose in the world yet."

Damita cupped his face in her hands. "You wanna know how I know? I know because you're gonna marry me and we're going to have kids and we're going to be together forever, baby. I won't let anything happen to you."Damita wiped her eyes. "And I pray for you, every night. Twice on days when you're out. I pray that you'll be safe and that you'll come home to me. So I know that it isn't your time. You're not going anywhere, anytime soon."

"Five kids?"Amaru formed a weak smile.

"Uh-uh Can we compromise for three?"Damita shook her finger.

"I can't believe you got me in here crying and shit."Amaru face palmed himself.

"You feel better now though, since you talked to me about it?"Damita rubbed his arm.

"Yeah. I ain't gone lie. I do."Amaru smiled. "This is why I love you. You're so calming."

"I love you too."Damita blushed.

Amaru scooped her up in his arms and started kissing her face. "Where would I be without you?"

"Some where shacking up with Peaches and Emery."Damita rolled her eyes.

"Oh! So you think you funny? Let's see if you find this funny."Amaru started tickling her sides.

She started laughing, kicking, and trying to pry him off of her.

"Ok. Ok. I got it. I can't take anymore."Damita panted like she was running a marathon. "What time is it?"

Amaru rolled over and looked at his clock radio that sat on his nightstand. "2:32"

"Damnit! I need to go back to sleep. I have an 8:00am."Damita grunted and rolled her eyes.

"How bout' I help you go back to sleep?"Amaru rubbed on her thighs.

"Oh no horny boy. I'm going to bed. Besides, we just went three rounds earlier when we were supposed to be studying."Damita got under his blankets and turned over.

Amaru pulled her into his chest so that she could feel his Member rising in his gym shorts.  "I know you feel that."

"There's lotion on the dresser. Good night, Amaru."Damita closed her eyes.

"Damn it's like that?"Amaru widened his eyes.

"Yes it is. I have a midterm in the morning. I've stayed up late enough. We can do whatever you want tomorrow."

"Man."Amaru sucked his teeth and crawled out of the bed. He grabbed the lotion off his dresser and went into the bathroom with his favorite picture of her.