The week before

This is the last box of wine in here, I made sure to order four boxes and somehow we're out of wine. We are in the middle of the opening, we can't ran out of wine. The pamphlets said it was an Art & Wine night, we need more. Now. I walk out of the back store, the gallery is full of people, hopefully some of them are investors. Actually, I eye Paulina, she's talking to a tall men and looking at a painting. She makes eye contact with me and gives me a grin, that's a good sign. 

I disappear for five minutes and arrive with a boy from the market of the next street carrying two boxes of the best wine I found in there. When I'm placing the bottles on the table, and placing more crackers as well, I feel a hand on my shoulder. 

"All good, love?" I hear, close to my ear. 

"You came." I turn around, a smile instantly appears on my face. 

He hugs me, that kind of hugs that you don't want to let go of. 

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it." He says to me, separating our bodies. "You look stressed. Do you need help?" 

"No, I have it covered now." I look at him, I'm still getting used to his short hair so I move my hand to touch it. "It suits you." 

"Thank you." He says, leaning and placing a kiss on my cheek. "You look beautiful."

I can't help but blush, feeling his hand on my waist securing me in front of him. Then, I hear a glass crashing on the floor somewhere. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. 

"We'll talk later, okay?" I take his hand and move it away from my waist. He nods his head and tells me to go. 

While I look for the broom, I take a second to think about everything that happened this week. Harry is here in Barcelona, he came for me. I was confused at first, I didn't know what to do. That night when he was right in front of my door, I was so shocked I didn't manage to do anything. He disappeared for two weeks and out of nowhere he was in front of me. 

I told him to come inside eventually. I don't even remember saying anything, he just talked and explained the two weeks he had. Harry told me that he needed time to finish things first after making the big decision of going after me, of leaving England. He left his band and he needed to focus on closing that chapter first after beginning another. Then, he told me how he found me. Somehow, he found Michael on Facebook and with that, his number so he called him, that's how he knew where I live. I still can't believe Michael didn't say anything to me. 

But, even when I was waiting for his call, even when I missed him, I just couldn't give in easily. I told him that I needed to think, he left that night to his hotel a few streets from here and I guess that's how it all began. 

I finally leave the back store with thoughts still in my mind and go clean the mess in front of the all-blue painting. While I clean, I glance at Harry, who is talking to someone in his fluent Spanish voice, he has an accent but he can speak it perfectly. I go back on cleaning, having a little smile to myself. 

This week, we only meet up twice, I have been really busy with the gallery. The first time, on Monday night. We had dinner, it was only to catch up. I had the entire Sunday to think, I just couldn't ignore the fact that he came here for me, so I had to give him a chance, even when he disappeared for the second time. That dinner was mostly to catch up. 

He told me that he also needed somewhere to go to just disconnect from everything and he thought that Barcelona was a nice place to start, that he doesn't know what he's going to do next but that he is not rushed to find it. I told him about me, about my week with Michael, about my first week here and that I got a job at the gallery, that I was thinking of maybe teaching on my free time or to do a little research of where I can go surfing. It was a nice dinner, like two old friends.