Day 1

Sunscreen has been my bestfriend this afternoon and I guess it will be for the upcoming days. The sun its so intense here, I'm actually laying in the covered area right now, with my third drink. I can feel my skin hot by the sun and the alcohol altogether. I can say that I'm a bit drunk, but not that much. Just, enjoying myself.

We are passing through St. Marteen, one of our first stops. The boat is anchored near a bay, we still haven't touched the water yet. We just have been laying around, resting or talking. I'm still a bit tired of all the traveling from earlier today so I'm taking my time.

Also, getting used to being on a boat. I'm surprised because I haven't got sick but you can barely notice when the boat is moving, I think the tide is in our favor today.

Harry is in the deck chair next to me, he is playing with his camera. He says its damaged, has been touching every single thing on the camera for the past thirty minutes. He really loves that thing.

"You should stop touching everything, maybe you're doing more damage to it." I say, trying to help him.

"I think its something with the film." He says, puckering his lips to a side. "It just doesn't load."

"Can I see it?" I sit up, extending my hand to him.

"You told me yourself you have never worked one of these." He looks at me with serious eyes. "What would you know?"

"Don't be cocky, hand it to me." I bug him, my hand still extended.

He gives me a glance and hands me the camera anyway. I take it, it looks perfectly fine. I try to take a picture, pointing the camera at him but the thing does nothing, and I hear something, like something is not connected inside, some gear inside.

I open the to check the film and it looks great. He's right, I have never worked one of these before but everything its made to be simple to fix. I take off the film, something that I noticed he never did, and see a little thing popping outside. I guess it should be attached to this part of the camera, so I just move it with my finger until it clicks. I put the film inside again, and point the camera to him.

For our surprise, the camera takes the picture.

"What did you do?" He asks taking the camera from me, I laugh because he actually looked a bit pissed in the photo.

"You had to see your face." I keep laughing, laying down again. "Oh, man."

"Seriously. What did you do? I tried everything." He says, still looking impressed.

"You didn't take out the film. There was a thingy out of his... Other thing." I try to explain but I actually don't know what I did. "And I just put it where it belong."

"Thingy." He mocks me, the word sounds funny with his accent. "Okay, repairer girl. Smile to me."

"What? No." I move my feet moving his hands down. "I had too many drinks. I'm not camera suitable right now."

"Hey! Don't kick me." He says playfully offended. "Also, you took one of me, so its only fair."

"Oka..." But just before I finish the word he snaps the camera. I gasp. "Oh no, you didn't."

"You had to see your face!" He mocks me, again. I kick him, truly this time.

"I would say delete it, but you're so old fashioned with your old fashioned camera." I sit, trying to take the camera off him.

"Easy, easy tiger." He stands up, moving a few steps away from me. "Okay, now smile. We can burn the other if you want."

I roll my eyes but then give him a smile, like the ones a kid gives you when you asked them to. He snaps the picture and I erase the smile immediately.