Day 10

It was around three in the afternoon when the doctors announced that my sister miraculously woke up. They weren't expecting her to wake up this soon. 

We were in the hospital with my parents already, we just needed to wait for them to run tests on her. Waiting was killing but finally  around four we heard about her again, about the future of my sister, Harry was by my side hugging me from behind the whole time. 

They say she can speak, she was a feeling a headache but they took care of the pain. But the worst part was, Jay can't move her legs. She doesn't feel them.

It was a hard punch in the gut. 

Today I feel strong, like if I had a wall around me. I need to be strong for her. She doesn't know yet, they told her it happens sometimes and only time will tell. But just thinking that my sister, my little Jay, can't probably never walk again normally hurts me. She has her whole life ahead, she's too young to go through this. 

"You can go talk to her but keep in mind her brain is working slow right now. Keep the conversation simple." The doctor continues and we all nod our heads. "She remembers what happened but, take it easy, don't ask her a lot of questions, baby steps." 

"Thank you doctor." My dad says shaking his hand. When he leaves we move to enter the room. 

I stop, taking Harry's hand with me. 

"Um- Harry." I say, just to have his eyes on me. He has been my support through all of this but, I think this is the best thing to do. "I don't think this is the best moment to... Meet Jay." 

He looks at me kindly, moving his hand to my shoulders and holding my face.

"You're right, she can't handle me right now. I can wait outside." He jokes, moving his thumb on my cheek. I look at him and I feel a thousand things inside. "I will be right here waiting." 

"Thank you." I hold his hand and place a kiss on it. He hugs me kissing my temple and lets me go after a short moment so I can go see her along with my parents. 

I take a deep breath, walking towards them. My dad puts his arm around me, looking at me. 

"He's a great guy. I like him." He whispers to me making me shyly smile at him. 

"Let's go see Jay." I say to him, keeping the smile on my face. 

When we enter the room, Jay is with a nurse, she's writing down things on her board. When she looks at us she smiles, weakly. I run to her holding her hand in mine. I stand not knowing if I can touch her or even if I can caress her head. 

"Jay-Jay." I call her by her nickname, her eyes are still shining like the last time I saw her. Beautiful and full of youth. 

"Fray." She says weakly, her voice is raspy. "You... You're here." 

"I am." I can't control the few tears that leave my eyes. Seeing her smile brings a lot of joy to me right now. She's strong, she's going to be okay. "How- How are you feeling? Talk slowly." 

She looks at my parents, bringing her other hand for them to come forward too. My mom holds her other hand, kissing it. 

"I'm fine. Thirsty." She says and make us laugh. 

"I can bring you some ice cubes for now." The nurse says excusing herself out of the room. 

"Does something hurt?" My mom asks, we all look at her. She has gray bags under her eyes and scratches on big part of her cheek, a swollen purple spot on the other side. It gives me chills, I really want her to be okay.