To The Hospital Wing

"I'm sorry, Professor?" Tristin replied in friendly curiosity.

The Potions Professor took a few steps down the staircase. Lucinda watched him, titillated, but more occupied with the bursts of stars in her vision. "You were in the middle of something, Samael," he continued. "Were you not?"

The boy who had a hold of Lucinda didn't reply right away, but then, "Yes, that's right," he said, almost embarrassed. "I was on my way down to the dungeons." He was saying it more to her, than to Snape.

"Yes, that is right," the Potion's Master remarked. Did Lucinda hear a hint of resentment in his voice? She might have, had she been paying attention. However, she was swaying slightly and looking off to the left of Snape's shoulder. "Don't think you can get out of Prefect duties..." he continued, narrowing his eyes at the boy, "...just because someone had a tumble. Finish the incident with Peeves."

Tristin looked at the girl inside his arm for a moment, but then nodded in agreement. "You're right, Professor," he said and then added, "Would you like to escort her, then?"

Snape looked from the girl and then back at Samael. "I have my own duties to attend to," he said, eyes flashing to the group of people at the bottom of the stairs and then past them. "Michael!" he called to a boy who'd just walked through the entrance doors.

"What!" the boy blurted, terrified by the Professor's sudden interest in him. He was soaking wet. He wanted to hurry up to his dormitory to change and now everyone was looking at him. Normally, he wouldn't care, but right now he wasn't feeling very social.

"What happened to you?" Tristin asked, turning around and taking his arm away from Lucinda's side.

"Michael, take this student to the Hospital Wing," Snape said and walked the couple of steps down to where she was. "Have them check for a concussion."

"O..kay?" the red-haired boy said hesitantly and walked past the crowd in front of him. His eyes flicked to the silvery hair of a girl staring at him.

"Professor, I can take her." Aurora called up to her teacher. "She doesn't even know Xavier."

"That's irrelevant," Snape sighed, waving his hand as if swatting a gnat. "You have my class next hour. You can't afford to miss it."

"Then Clover can—"

"Um..." her brother said behind her. "I actually have to go with McGonagall right now."

"Professor McGonagall," the stern witch said out of reflex. "Mr. Michael, please escort Miss Morgan upstairs."

X nodded and then continued his way up the staircase to the two standing there (Tristin was already to the bottom landing and was making his way through the dungeon's door). Xavier was only halfway to them when the girl suddenly fell backwards.

Snape had been watching her out of his peripheral vision. He knew something like this would happen the moment Samael let go of her and she no longer had someone to support her. He was afraid of touching her, though, so he'd stayed where he was. He'd just hoped that Michael would get up there faster. But, too late—she suddenly lost consciousness again and fell backwards, straight down the stairs.

Everyone gasped and within the next second they all sighed in unison. Professor Snape's hand shot out and grabbed the front of the girl's robes and snapped her body back toward him. He had to do it quickly, otherwise she would have taken him down with her. He caught her with both arms and she sagged lifelessly into him; complete deadweight.

"Holy shit!" Michael exclaimed. "Good catch!"

"Five points from Hufflepuff, Michael," Snape said quickly, as he tried to get a better hold on the girl. How could someone fall unconscious so quickly? Really, passing out, tripping him, spewing vile words at him, forgetting to take her medicine and dangerously wandering the halls at nights... She caused him nothing but trouble—!