Chapter 7

[A/N- The last chapter was over 800 words!!! Yay new wattpad record for me!]

"Well, we could try looking up your parents." There was a small smile as he looked into my determined eyes before he looked into them with the same look in his eyes.

I nodded and he started typing quickly.( I still don't know how he knew my parent's names)

Then, his eyebrows creased in confusion "The website blocked it."

"Blocked it?" I questioned as I angled myself so I could see the computer. "The following information is blocked unless you have the password. If so type it below" was in fact typed on the now white screen. " Can't you hack into it or something?" I asked after scanning the screen.

He shook his head, "I can hack simple websites but something on the deep web is way more complicated. I don't know how to do that."

I groaned in frustration when I remembered something," You can't but I know who can." I said a smile spreading across my face. Shays old girlfriend and her brother were hackers that I hadn't known existed until she brought them to our table. They were nice, a bit weird(the brother wore a scarf every day of the year no matter the weather.) but they were overall good people. I found out that hacking was their hobby and after watching them do their stuff(not understanding it) I realized they were experts. Eventually, Shay and Muna (the sister) had broken up but we remained friends until the middle of freshman year in high school when they had to transfer to another high school and we lost touch. There move had been good for me I guess because I didn't have to actually break our friendship off after my parents died and my brother went missing.

"Who?" He asked.

"Siblings Shay and I used to be friends with. They transferred out in freshman year."I said," I don't know where they live or their contact information though..."

"Tell me their names and I can just look them up." He smiled waiting for an answer.

"August and Muna Hatten, I think," I replied and he started typing again and then pulled up a map on the regular internet and pointed to a spot.

"Between Woodland and Leonard." He said labeling the place he was pointing to.

I gulped, they lived so near to me and I hadn't known. I hadn't known I a lot of things back then. "Put your shoes on and let's get going then." I aid standing up and going to the doorway to get my shoes, Jake following me for the same reason.

"Are you sure we should just go without asking them first?" Jake asked in a worried voice.

"No time," I said rolled my eyes.

"Are you-" He started,

"Do you want to come or not?" I asked with a tone of finality. And then he walked and got the door for me, my sign that he decided he was coming. We walked in silence, Jake walking slightly behind me- probably because he didn't know Brady Lake like I did. Now, I didn't like what I was doing. I would've rather called or texted them to ask them or even just tell them I was coming but right then I had wanted to find out who my parents were as quickly as possible. Patience had always been a trait I lacked.

And then we were there. At an unfamiliar doorstep but behind that red door, I knew familiar faces were going to be there. My breathing quickened in anticipation. I ran up the 2 stairs and knocked on the door quickly. August opened the door almost immediately with the same scarf he always wore as I fell to the pavement my body suddenly feeling too heavy.

"August...Hack..the deep web....help please," My words were interrupted by my rapid breathing.

August bent down to the floor, grabbed my shoulders and said with a calm voice, " Auralia, inhale through your nose. Okay, keep that breath in for 4 seconds." He counted to 4 and then told me to breathe out. We did that a few more times before I was completely calmed down.

Seeing as I was calm now August pulled me up and into his house wordlessly. Behind him, Jake followed seeming too surprised to say anything. I collapsed on to the closest chair and was about to explain our situation when he said "I'm going to call Muna to come back home. We'll talk about it then. For now, do you want chamomile tea?" I frowned but nodded. He went into the kitchen and I turned to Jake.

" Sorry for...that. I don't know what happened." I said

" It's fine as long as you're alright now," Jake replied and smiled.

Then, August walked out of the kitchen and handed the warm cup to me, "So who is this?" he asked nodding to Jake.

"I'm Jake, an acquaintance of Auralia's." Jake introduced himself.

  The red door creaked open and Muna stepped in, her eyes ran around the room before landing on me,"What's going on?" She asked.

[A/N-Should I shorten the chapters or is this alright? Or should I make them longer?]