Chapter 14

"I'll start, our first order of business is, obviously, getting out of here. We can do that by breaking through the wall. In the cell to the right of ours, rats have eaten through the bottom of this wall," I motioned to the small hole and dirt crumbling around it,"So with precise force, the wall will break and we can get out." 

"My turn, next we need to find our weapons. I have an idea of where that could be. I also know the position of the cameras so it should be easy to get out." Jake explained and I nodded.

"Okay let's get started." We started with the wall. It took a while as we chipped away at the cement and brick but eventually, we made a big enough hole to crawl through. Then, we opened the unlocked door of the other cell and left. 

Jake directed me so the cameras (which thankfully couldn't hear) wouldn't see us. "What did you do for the gang?" I asked still making sure to step carefully.

"Hacking mostly. I couldn't fight for my life so I never went out with them. It was still fun though," Noticing that that wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear he changed the subject," Your parents talked about you and your brother a lot. Like how you loved math (like Kizuato) and were really stubborn."

"So that's why you started talking to me. But I had to tutor- oh, he did it on purpose."

Jake nodded," Yeah, out of all of us he wanted to meet you and your brother the most. He thought everything your parents did or said was amazing. They liked him too and they would bring him on all of thee safer missions."

I had a mixed feeling of happiness and jealousy. I was glad they talked about me but I was jealous of Kizuato. Did they love him more than me? Did they care about him more than me?

"Here it is," said Jake pointing to a closet. He twisted the handle of the door that surprisingly opened easily. What was inside was something I'd never be able to forget though.

The first thing that struck me was the weapons lining the walls and I easily spotted mine. But when Jake screamed my eyes were drawn to the middle of the closet. There lay a body.  The head of the body was covered with a brown cloth bag so I didn't know who it was but at the same time, I did. My eyes drifted down to the knife in its heart. The knife had the initials K.Y inscribed in it. And finally, I saw it, the anklet I made her in 3rd grade.  

 Shay. There was a note next to the body written in blood that read 'You wanted to see her right?- you know who' A wrangled scream left me as I crumpled to the ground.  'NO' I screamed in my head again and again. 'She must still be alive' I thought briefly but I knew the truth and I so hated the truth. I felt too much all at once, like a brick of pain hit me all at once. It wasn't like with my parents, their death came to me slowly and even then the pain never came just a feeling of emptiness. Now it was like everything combined and hit me.

Finally, my voice worked and I whispered,"No, this wasn't supposed to happen. I'm was going to save you!" 

This time I scream," No! Go back, just go back-" My voice broke because of the tears streaming down my face. Jake is just in shock next to as I cry and scream even though my throat hurts.

Just the voice I didn't want to hear says,"I knew that was your scream Auralia. I remember it from when you saw your parents." Kizuato chuckles," But why are you so sad, you haven't talked to her in months?" He asks innocently.

I can't speak or move so I sit still.

"I killed her because I didn't need her anymore. Plus she was being pretty annoying. Acting like she was trying to help me" He shrugs.

Anger takes over my voice as I yell" She still cared about you! She wanted to help you!"

"It's all your fault I had to bring her here in the first place! You left me just like your parents. You never came to see me at college, I didn't want you to forget me. And after I took mercy on you too." He huffed slowly getting angrier.

" Took mercy on her, how?" Jake suddenly asked. I could tell he was getting mad too.

"I was going to kill her and her brother too. But, I didn't because she was my friend. And I didn't kill Daniel because I knew how much he meant to you. See, I'm so nice!" This was all I needed to prove my theory: Kizuato Yamashita is fully insane.

"But you kidnapped him!" Jake was now yelling obviously disgusted with him. His nose was scrunched up and his eyes held a look of distrust.

"So Auralia would come to see me. She was a bit slow so I took Shay too to make her try to find me. I got impatient so, I got some purple scars to take Jake and make you move quicker. I have to say, I was quite surprised to find Jake was friends with you." He had calmed down and was talking to me like we were good friends that hadn't met in a while.

"You are a monster!," I screamed tears rushing out of my eyes" The monster who killed my parents and Shay. And you act like we're friends?! As if! I will never forgive you for this. Now get out! Get out before I kill you!" I spat at him reaching for my Kamas and grabbed Jake's Sai for him. The ferocity in my eyes scared him away as the gang leader unconsciously stepped back.

Just as he is about to leave he mutters, " I see." And disappears. He looks disappointed and sad. Like I'm making him do something he doesn't want to.

Just then, we hear someone yell" Auralia, Jake!" Muna and August come into vision. Jake and I step out of the closet, grabbed their weapons and close the door. I want to forget that image but I know I won't.

August voice pierces through my thoughts as he says," Kizuato let us out after saying' Now it's a fair fight'"

"Anyway let's go find Shay and Daniel," Muna exclaims more upbeat.

I tell them the truth," We'll only be able to save Daniel"

"Why?" Muna's eyes widen and I can tell she knows but I tell her anyway.

"He killed her." I spat unable to keep the hatred from my voice as my eyes fill with new tears.

 Muna's eyes immediately fill with tears as she hugs both me and Jake. I grab her with one arm and August squeezes my other hand again giving me silent comfort.

I do not cry. I don't have the time. Because I came up with a new plan: Save Daniel and then avenge Shay and my parents by killing Kizuato Yamashita.