Chapter 13

Check out character appearances! Jake and Auralia are up (And here's a comic made by mxkenx

Kizuato Yamashita stood there with the flashlight dimly glowing on the ground

Kizuato Yamashita stood there with the flashlight dimly glowing on the ground. I was too shocked to speak, this wasn't supposed to happen. Not so soon at least! As I had feared Kizuato had been expecting us. As I looked toward August fearfully I could see the color drained out of his face as well.

"Ah, Auralia I've been expecting you." The same deep baritone voice I knew rang through the tunnel but with my new knowledge his voice was drenched in danger. Soon I felt like I was being overwhelmed by my own hate. He was the one who killed my parents. It was all his fault! If not for him maybe I still would've had my perfect life. Maybe my house wouldn't be so lonely. Maybe I wouldn't feel so empty.

I planned my next move quickly- well, to be honest, I didn't really plan- and was about to perform a simple Jab punch when August grabbed my arm, "Auralia not yet." He didn't understand. He didn't understand this burning feeling. I would've thrashed about and delivered my punch to Kizuato but the look of anger on August's face stopped me. So I relented because he was right, punching him now would only make him angry and might ruin our chances of getting Shay and Daniel back entirely. I had to wait even though, patience had never been my strong suit.

"Auralia, Auralia always so temperamental." Kizuato shook his head and laughed, "Don't worry I won't hurt you...yet." And before I could even move to get my weapon he hit both of us with a quick knife chop to the side of our necks and we passed out.

" And before I could even move to get my weapon he hit both of us with a quick knife chop to the side of our necks and we passed out

I woke to a horrible stench of dried blood and rotten flesh. I was in a dirty cell, dirt caked the walls the and the bars were all rust. I almost screamed when I saw a cockroach scurry across the floor. Oh, and Jake was there too. "We're lucky. Before Kizuato knocked me out -quite rudely I'll add- I saw him send Muna and August into this disgusting cell with rats and so many roaches. I think you're his favorite in our group." Well, at least he could still joke around.

"I'm just flattered," I sarcastically remark but I am grateful he remembered the fact that we used to be friends.

As if reading my mind Jake asked, "Why would you ever want to be friends with someone like him anyway?"

" I didn't know he was a psychopathic gang leader!" I exclaimed

Jake looked at me with doubting eyes so I cut in and said, "We need to find a way out of here." We didn't have handcuffs or anything binding our hands together so I thought escaping would be easy but after a few minutes of trying we both gave up. The old cell was surprisingly sturdy and we didn't know where our weapons were. We also didn't know where Muna and August's cell was. No one was in the cells next to ours.

"So, what's your story?" I asked Jake knowing that everyone has one. No life is perfect.

"Eh, it doesn't matter." He said shrugging.

"You know that's not true. Why did you move here? Who are your parents? "

He sighed but started talking,"My parents are great and stuff. They're divorced but they're still best friends. During the divorce, they were stressed and very busy so I took up weird habits."

"Like eating and studying the taste of paper."

"Yes, and hacking minor websites. I was only 12 and paper tastes good[ No it doesn't. Do not try to eat paper, it has harmful chemicals and not made for human consumption. Jake is just weird.] Anyway I started to hang out with the wrong people and got into a lot of trouble so my relationship with my parents isn't so good. They moved me here in seventh grade but homeschooled me in hopes that such a small town would change me. It didn't and by eighth grade, I got into a gang, " He paused and asked if I was sure I wanted to hear the rest I nodded. "I was in the Purple Scars."

I jumped up and backed away before remembering he was my friend and I had to trust him. I sat back down and asked," Did you know my parents?"

"Yeah, they were famous in the gang. Being skilled in both martial arts and use of weaponry all of us looked up to them though Kizuato admired them the most. That's probably why he...you know. I left a few months in before Kizuato became the leader. We didn't do anything really bad you know, just fight with rival gangs and do illegal street art. Kizuato wanted to change that though so, I quit," He breathed a sigh of relief, probably glad to have a weight off of his chest. "Please don't hate me!"

A few days ago I would. I would think that he betrayed me and wanted to hurt me. But now I knew that wasn't true. This was his past, not mine to criticize or get mad at. "I don't hate you. You're my friend remember? Of course, I don't like your choices but they're in the past. I'm not going to let that blind me from what really matters: the fact that you trust me enough to tell me all of this." I smile a genuine smile and for once I'm not taken over by anger or fear but by pure happiness. He captures me in a hug and we share a moment of bliss before remembering where we are.

"Okay, let's think of a plan," Jake said and around ten minutes later we both looked at each other. Our minds seemed to work in similar ways.

A/N 1000 words finally!!! and a knife chop is like a karate chop