Chapter 11

A/N: And so chapter 11 comes... thank you for reading this long.

The door fell to the floor with a loud bang. Upon the impact, the wood broke and shards of red surrounded it. August and I both screamed and Muna's mouth just opened as her eyes widened. Pain shot up my leg and when I looked down I saw a wood splinter in it. Blood dripped down slowly reaching the floor. The color of the blood and the color of the paint were so similar it was hard to tell what was what. Was that a pool of blood on the floor? All I was sure about was there was too much red. And I couldn't take it.

"Oh, there you are Auralia," a voice said snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to look to where the voice was coming from and saw a figure in all gray. The only thing that stood out was a purple jagged line on the front of the person's clothes.
"So, we think you might want to see someone," though their mouth was covered I could practically hear the grin in their voice, "Come out Jake"

Another figure pulled a disheveled Jake out of behind person 1. "Why do you have Jake?" August asked, voice wavering a bit.

Person 2 let go of the rope tying Jake's hands together but didn't take the cloth off of his mouth. He didn't squirm and stayed so still it was unsettling. "Well, we have a bargain." With a flick of the other person's wrist, a knife appeared. The silver gleamed in front of the sunlight and I saw a look of fear in Jake's eyes.

I was shaking so much I couldn't move. I was too scared but I needed to do something, I knew I needed to do something. I tried commanding my fingers to move, the thumb first then, the pointer finger. "No, thanks!" In a flash, Muna had stolen the knife from out of Person 2's hand and held it at their throat."Leave now." She said.

Person 2 struggled to get free and out of the knife's way but Muna positioned herself in such a way he couldn't. But person 1 could. They stood behind Muna with their own knife and she was too focused to see. August was busy trying to untie Jake's hands to notice so I was the only one who saw. I clenched all of my fingers at once and formed a fist. I knew what I had to do.

First, I went closer to person 1 without them noticing. Next, my I brought my arms up in a defensive manner over my chest, raised my right knee up to my hip, pivoted and kicked. The person stepped back too late and held their stomach in pain dropping the knife. I caught it and then moved back.

"Boss said you guys would be difficult." Person 1 said slowly retreating to the doorway.

"And we'll be even more difficult if you guys don't leave,"Jake said shaking his newly released hands,"Now." He added for extra effect.

With no answer, person 1 pulled the other away and out of the doorless entryway. Muna and I fell to the floor and panted heavily. When I had caught my breath I ran to Jake and grabbed his shoulders,"Did they do anything to you? Are you hurt? Were you scared?"

"Hey, hey I'm fine and guess what I have.'' He singsonged, a smile on his face.

He pulled out his phone,'' I tracked where they took me and recorded it on my phone. And that means we know-"

"Where the base is! You're seriously brilliant!" I cried in excitement hugging him again.

"Well, I'm pretty sure I've always been brilliant but thank you," Jake said still grinning. I rolled my eyes. "And, you're back to rolling your eyes."

Then we locked eyes. That whole ordeal had been scary but things were going to get even worse because we both knew what our next step was.

A/N- The kick used in this chapter is the roundhouse kick. It is generally used on the stomach of your opponent but you can go higher or lower.