Chapter 12

"Please don't tell me-"August started and then groaned. As he hung his head his dark hair fell over his face and he started murmuring something about how he just woke up and was so tired.

Muna slapped his back and grinned "I'm up for it. Let's find Shay once and for all!"

Jake and I smiled at her excitedly, but then she continued," But I'm sure you guys noticed that fighting those people was difficult. And honestly, we only barely beat them. If they had been stronger we would've had to listen to their bargain or maybe something even worse could've happened. And there were only two of them. When we go to the Purple Scars' base there are going many more people that are probably better trained and there are only four of us. Four weak and unprepared teenagers."

"What do you mean Muna? That we need to train?"Jake asked his eyes clouded with confusion.

Now it was my turn," With what time? In a perfect world, we would have time to prepare and train and everything else. But obviously, we aren't in a perfect world. If we were my parents wouldn't have been killed and your mom wouldn't have left. We don't have that, you know that. I need to get them both back though. And I know you're scared, I am too, and this isn't your problem but please help me." At this point, I was tearing up but I had to continue," Shay, Daniel together with you, Jake, and August, I think that's the closest thing I'm ever going to get to perfect. So, please help me get that." I wiped my tears away and stared directly at her.

By now she was crying too and Jake was starting to so August cut in with a rare smile, " I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say you and Jake are the closest thing to perfect we've ever experienced so yes we'll help you."

"Me too," Jake added as he gathered all of us in a big hug.

"Now let's pick our weapons" Muna let go of us.

"Weapons?"Jake and I ask nervously.

"I would have wanted something bigger but we don't want to bring attention to ourselves," Muna muttered sadly

"Hey, I like my Sai!*" Jake grinned proudly at his new weapons.

"Yeah, my Kamas* are cool but why do you guys have these?" I asked motioning to the wide array of weaponry lining the walls.

Muna answered while sharpening her Bhuj*," Our mom loved collecting weaponry from across the world. She didn't take any of it with her when she left though."

"Um... Muna? I know you know how to use your weapon but I have no idea how to use this Khopesh* and I don't think Jake or Auralia know how to use their weapons either."

"Guys, can we just make a plan already?" I groaned being impatient again. And so we did. The gang's base was in the Yamashita's paper company's office building. I thought it would be in a warehouse but now it would be harder to navigate and execute our plan. But I knew we could do it, we had to.

*Just a quick explanation of their weapons: The Sai is a Japanese weapon that has 2 prongs on the sides of a sword-like spike. Kamas are also Japanese and are like sickles that can also be used for fighting. A Bhuj is an Indian weapon that is like a spear with an axe-like blade. A Khopesh is an Egyptian sword and is also like a sickle that has a deeper less prominent curve.

Jake and Muna would come into the building posing as concerned customers and gather as much attention. We'd come to the conclusion that everyone working in that building were also in the Purple Scars so as many people they gathered the better. Though I would've liked to have Muna- an experienced fighter- coming with me she and Jake were our best actors. They weren't to fight unless they absolutely needed to to prolong their disguises as long as possible. August and I would go straight to the basement where we guessed they were keeping their prisoners. And with a few last additions to the plan we left to carry it out.

We hugged our goodbyes and parted. August and I rounded the building to the back and twisted the handle of a heavy metal door that was surprisingly unlocked. I whisper 'All good' into my walkie-talkie as August and I walk into the dark room. The only thing illuminating the darkness is a flashlight. A flashlight held by someone I didn't think I'd see so soon.