Chapter Thirty One | No More

Stayed with you wen i found out about the chick. I should have left then but I'm gonna leave now. You ain't stepping up so I gotta step down. You gotta understand my position Keep talkin so you can't listen. You done up and made it all different. When you was close it still felt distant. So I'm gonna step down, it's only right baby
I gotta step down, cause I'm the kind of lady
And I ain't in the business trying to keep no dude That ain't trying to be kept. No, no, beating the hell out of a dead horse.

~~~~

A U G U S T

"Yo what that nigga said to you?" August questioned as he watched Amber pace around Brianna's hospital room.

"He said he'll bury my ass like they did my mans. He had to have been talking about Mel. I mean that was the only man I've ever been with until Keenan." Pausing lightly she frowned. "I always thought he had something to do with the shit."

"I can't believe he joked about spiking my drink." Brianna spoke up lowly as she thought back on that night.

"I don't think he was joking Brianna. I've never seen Trey act like that before or even talk like that before. Ever. Now I'm thinking like how well do we even know this nigga for real."

"Shits kinda scary huh?"

"You don't have anything to be scared of Bri, I got you Baybeh." August spoke softly as he walked closer to her.

"It's still fuck you Alsina now move."

"Opps." Amber lowered her head trying to hold in a laugh. The situation wasn't funny but the look on August's face when she said that was. Amber was happy Brianna was finally sticking up for herself. It was about time. "Maybe I should give you two a minute."

"No your fine. August was just leaving." Brianna rolled her eyes as she laid back down.

August frowned then took a seat in the chair next to her bed. "I ain't going no fucking where. Amber you can give us that minute now. You can come back in once I leave to go pay Trey a visit."

Nodding Amber laughed as she quickly made her exit. "Here they go again." She thought to herself.

"I'm sorry okay."

"Yeah you keep telling me that." Brianna rolled her eyes as she turned away from him. It was so much she wanted to say but she couldn't with his eyes locked on her. "All you do is hurt me. So what if you say sorry? You don't mean that shit anyway."

"Look." August spoke up trying to get his words together. "I know I hurt you bad and I know I keep fucking up but I'm sorry. I really am. I don't even know what I'm doing for real. I never had a real father figure so I'm just trying to love you the best way I know how. I wanna marry you and I wanna be with you forever. Please just don't give up on me. I'm trying. All I need is one more chance. Just let me prove it to you."

In all honesty all August wanted to do was have a happy life with Brianna. It just seemed like everyone and everything was getting in their way.