Glaciator~ Alternate Ending

If you haven't watched episode 9 of season 2 I INSIST you on watching it (I cried and screamed the whole time) If you want to wait till March 30th for the first 13 episodes to release on Netflix, then I guess you shouldn't read this one shot if you don't wanna see spoilers. :) Anyway, let's get on with it.

Marinette glumly opened the skylight and walked to the railing of her balcony. She sighed, wishing she could have shared one of André's "matchmaking ice creams" with Adrien earlier that day.

As she was sulking in her thoughts, there was a soft, kind voice behind her.

"Hello," the friendly voice spoke.

Marinette quickly turned around to see whom the voice belonged to.

And to her surprise, it was her one and only partner, Chat Noir.

"Chat Noir?"

He jumped down to perch on the railing. "Sorry," he began apologetically. "I didn't mean to frighten you."

"He sounds a bit sad and... hurt," Mari thought to herself.

She dismissed the thought, and asked, "What are you doing here? Don't you have like superhero-y things to do?"

"No, I don't feel like being a superhero tonight."

Marinette knew something was wrong. But before she could say anything, he spoke again.

"And I also don't feel like... being alone tonight. Would you mind if I hung out here for a little while?"

She nodded, and she couldn't help but giggle a little bit.

He climbed a bit closer, moving into a sitting position. "Marinette, right? We've bumped into each other before."

"Yeah, a bunch of times. I mean- yes, we have. One time a supervillian fell in love with me... talk about bad luck," she said, trying not to give him any ideas about her being Ladybug.

"Seriously, I seem to be having some bad luck in the love department myself," Chat Noir said, still sounding glum. He looked off into the city, thinking about something.

Marinette was a bit shocked. The flirtatious Chat Noir, having trouble in the love department? Who would've known?

"Really? What kind?"

"Well... tonight I had this special surprise all planned for Ladybug," He said, continuing to look to the city of love.

Marinette tensed when realization hit her. "You're in love with Ladybug?"

She then whispered to herself so he couldn't hear, "For real...?"

"All those flirty attempts... He was sincere? I thought he was just teasing or he just always flirted with every girl he seen. This is odd... I've never seen this side of Chat Noir..."

She snapped out of her train of thought. He was still looking towards the city, silent.

She walked closer the the railing where he was sitting. She leaned forward against it, not saying anything. Chat Noir and Marinette looked at each other, and then looked back to the lovely city of Paris.

She was starting to get uncomfortable with the silence, so she asked, " So... what was this special surprise?"

He sighed sadly, "It doesn't really matter... 'cause she never showed."

She looked down. "Sounds like both of us need a little cheering up tonight."

Chat looked over to her and asked, "You... You've gotten your heart broken, too?"