Pt.1

May 1996
The Grammys

3rd POV

People lined the streets of L.A. with their camera phones in hand ready to take as much pictures of every celebrity. Tonight was the Annual Grammy Award and everyone from Prince to Lauren Hill was all seated waiting in anticipation. Friends caught up while others sat biting their nails hoping their names would get called tonight. Moments later, the paparazzi started to swarm around a limo that had pulled up. Seeing the commotion, people pointed their camera phones towards the direction. The door opened then two small feet clad in white boots. The person stepped fully out the car causing screams to erupt from every throat.

Janet Jackson graciously walked across the red carpet smiling brightly as she allowed the paparazzi to take her pictures

Janet Jackson graciously walked across the red carpet smiling brightly as she allowed the paparazzi to take her pictures. Another plethora of screams could be heard in the distance. Turning to see who it was, her mouth fell open in admiration.

Toni Braxton the new artist strutted carefully across the carpet smiling widely

Toni Braxton the new artist strutted carefully across the carpet smiling widely. She wore a very revealing dress showing almost everything. She took pictures as she walked getting closer and closer to Janet. Now standing closely, they made eye contact and for a moment it was like the world stood still. Toni brushed it off and went to greet the woman whom she idolized for years.

Toni: Miss Jackson what a pleasure. I'm a huge fan

Janet: Aw so sweet the feeling is mutual darling. Toni Braxton right?

Toni: Yes ma'am the one and only

Janet: I love the dress or uh lack there of *laughs*

Toni: Want one? I can get one for you *smirks*

Janet: That's Alright. I should be going to my seat now. It was a pleasure meeting you Toni *smiles*