19

Abigail POV

I pulled up to the parking lot of the park and because I didn't see Grayson anywhere, I waited.

About 5 minutes later a mint green bronco pulled up next to my car. I knew it was Grayson. I took a deep breath and got out.

"Hey Abi."

"Hey. Can we, uh, sit and talk." I asked playing with my fingers.

"Yeah." He gestured over to where a bench was and we sat.

"Did Ethan come home earlier?" I asked.

"Yeah but he was kinda pissed off over something."

I nodded and kept my head low and started playing with my fingers again.

"Abi look, you know you can tell me anything. I'm always here for you." He said while holding my chin up with his finger.

"Your right, but promise me that whatever I'm about to tell you don't get mad." I asked and he nodded.

"Do you remember that one time we, uh, you know."

"Yes Abi I do." He said cutting me off.

"Okay and do you remember when we thought I was pregnant and I took that test?"

"Yes. Abi where is this going?"

"I lied, I am pregnant. I didn't think you would be happy with being a father at 17 and me almost dieing from cutting myself and-"

"Woah,woah,wait. When did you try to kill yourself?" He asked me in worry.

"It's nothing Grayson, it's in the pas-"

"No Abi it is something, you tried to kill yourself." He says emphasizing 'kill'.

I let out a sigh. "It was the night we all went to the movies. I went to the bathroom and on my way back I was," i paused.

"Was what?!" He asked impatiently.

"Forcefully touched Grayson, is that what you wanted to hear?" I said raising my voice.

He was silent. "Thats why when I came back I was quiet. That's why I ran into my house without a word. That's why Ethan came over. Because I wanted to die."

"Abi I didn-"

"No I don't want to hear anything about my suicide attempt. No 'im sorry' no 'i wish i could've been there' nothing. Not one word about it." I snapped.

"Now can we bring this subject back to the baby?" I said hands on my stomach.

"Ethan found it and snapped. He told me that I deserve to die and that he feels bad for my parents for having to spend a second with me. That's why he came home mad." I said.

"Look Abi I sorry he said all those things to you, just know that they are not true. But back to the baby, I'm not ready. I'm sorry but I can't become a father right now. I'm upset with why you would lie to me." He said.

"Okay so another person who hates me, amazing. This is why I shouldn't have ever said yes to letting people in." I said getting up to go.

He grabbed me wrist and stood up. "Abi I don't hate you, I'm just upset and what do you mean you shouldn't have let anyone in?"

"Grayson I've always blocked everyone out because I have cancer."

He looked at me in disbelief. "Abi please say your kidding."

"I'd be lying if I did." I replied and walked off.

Now what am I going to do?
--------------------------------------
559 words