1

Abigail's POV

I never thought I would fall in love. I never believed in love at first sight. I always tried to avoid the affection because I'm scared that my cancer will tear me away from my lover and ruin everything. But who knows what the future holds. He could be holding a handful of diamonds (good future), or he could be holding a pile of shit waiting to shove it in your face. I'm Abigail, I've had cancer ever since last year. I'm in high school in New Jersey and I'm 16 years young. I have a big brother named Hunter and I live with my mom and dad.

I ran downstairs after getting ready for my first day of school. "Morning mom, morning dad, morning Hunter." I said while I grabbed a muffin from the middle of the table. "Morning sweetie, are you nervous for your first day?" My mom asked as soon as I took a bite of my muffin. I finish my bite and answer her, "Not really, but I thought that I would be really nervous. But I'm not."
"Well that's good."
I grab my keys to my car and give my family hugs and tell Hunter to come on. We get to school and I get my classes from the office and try to look for my first class. I exhale in frustration. As I walked out of the office, I accidentally bump into someone. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention and I was stressing out over finding my classes and I'm just-" I got cut off as the guy I ran into turned around. "It's okay, do you want me to help you find your class?" He asks, he was such a cutie. "Y-yeah t-that would b-be great." I struggle to say but manage to get it out. He shows me to class and stops me before I go in. "By the way I'm Grayson." He says, sticking out his hand for me to shake. "Abigail." I say putting my hand in his. "That name's beautiful, just like you." He says while kissing my hand, which made me blush hardcore. "Thank you, but I better be getting to class now." I said trying not to be late. "Meet me at your locker after school?" He asks. "Sounds good." I say walking into class.

I know I didn't want to admit it, but I think I'm starting to like Grayson.
--------------------------------------
412 words