22

*In New Jersey*

Abigail POV

We landed in New Jersey and rented a car. Liam drove us to a really expensive looking hotel.

"How long are we staying here?" I asked.

"As long as I want." He answered angrily.

"Ok listen here, I'm being nice to you only for show. Make me mad or embarrass and I will be glad to teach you a lesson." He continued.

"Ok." I said looking down.

"The least you can do is act like your happy and love me you stupid bitch!" He yelled.

We grabbed our stuff and walked into the hotel.

"Welcome, how can I assist you?" The lady asked, she had dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was also flirting with my boyfriend.

Why do you keep calling him your boyfriend if he doesn't live up to the name?

My thoughts are right tho. Why?

Oh ya I think I forgot, he's a psychopath who abuses me.

I looked over at Liam to see him shoving his tongue down the workers throat.

I grabbed the key that was on the counter and started up to my room.

On the way I heard yelling and I tried to fight the urge to eavesdrop but, me being me, failed and pressed my ear against the door.

"Ok but how the hell are we going to do this!" Someone asked.

"I don't fucking know, I guess we hop on a plane to Florida and get her." The other replied.

They sounded oddly familiar but I couldn't put a finger on who it was.

"No not that, I'm talking about her abusive boyfriend."

Damn I know how that girl feels. I know it suck a lo- wait.

HOLY SHIT IS THAT ETHAN AND GRAYSON?

I thought for a second,
should I knock and tell them everything is okay and that I'm right here?

No, no I couldnt. I couldn't just for the fact that the last time I tried to have someone save me and he was murdered. I can't have that happen to them.

"Whatever, I'm going to get some fresh air."

SHIT.

I fast walked to the elevator and clicked the floor my room was on.

I looked at my phone trying to make sure he doesn't see me but, to my luck, he got in the elevator too.

I kept my eyes on my phone and tried to hide. I turned my body slightly away so he couldn't recognize me.

"You know you remind me of one of my old friends." Gray said.

Shit, fuck, what the hell do I do?

"How so?" Is all I could get out.

"Well your figure, your hair your....HOLY SHIT ABI?!" He asked while engulfing me in a hug.

Of course, I hugged back.

"I missed you so much." He chocked out. He was crying.

"I missed you guys too." I say squeezing harder.

"Now where the fuck is he?" He asked, pulling away from the hug.

I stayed silent.

"ABI WHERE IS HE?!" He yelled.

"Grayson calm down, he-"

"DONT TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN WHEN SOMEONE WHO IS FUCKING ABUSING YOU EVERYDAY IS OUT THERE WAITING FOR YOU PROBABLY TO BEAT YOU UP SOME MORE! YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M NOT DOING IT!" He snapped.

"Grayson we can't do anything about it. He will kill you." I replied.

He let out a long sigh.

"If that's what it takes for you to be safe, then I'll do it."

"Grayson, no. I can just try to run away and then if I succeed this time, then I'll go to you and Eth."

"I can't stand the thought of him beating you Abi. He dont know what the hell he has right in front of him. He has the beautiful, caring, kind, loving, and sweet girl that I could never have." He said very softly.

"Grayson, I'm sorry but back then I couldn't date anyone because I was scared." I confessed.

"Why the hell not?" He said angrily.

"Please understand and don't get mad." I said softly, trying not to cry so I don't show any weakness.

He let out another long sigh.

"Ok, why were you scared?" He said in the same tone as me.

"Grayson, do you remember that one night before Valentine's day where you and Eth came to my house with presents and confessed the you liked me?" I asked.

"Like it was yesterday." He said as he let out a small laugh.

"Well do you remember when I broke down and cried when you asked me to choose one of you guys to date?" I asked, continuing the story.

"Yes, but why were you crying?" He asked, so clueless.

I don't want to break his heart but I have to tell the news to him.

"Back then I had cancer and it was spreading rapidly." I said while looking down.

"Had? As in you don't anymore?" He asked.

I nodded. He lifted up my head with his finger.

"Abi, I don't think you realize that's amazing news? Just think if that were to spread any faster, you probably wouldn't be alive right now." He said looking into my eyes.

"Yes I do realize that and I don't like to think about that because what if it comes back? What if this time it doesn't go away? What if-"

I was interrupted by a pair of soft lips pressed against mine. Our lips moved in sync. His hands where holding my waist while mine where wrapped around his neck, pulling each other as close as we can get.

We were then interrupted by the elevator doors opening and a voice that make me scared and cringe at the same time.

"ABI?!"

---------------------------------------
954 words