E

Every time Minyul was placed in a new surrounding, I would do background checks on the people. It was merely for his protection. I wouldn't have needed to do so if I didn't have the reputation that I had.

A few months into my new position, I found out that some people were spreading rumors about me. After getting to the bottom of this issue, it turned out that it was some people working under me. Of course, due to the close proximity some of them were to me, people would believe their words so easily and quickly. Those same words drove me up against the wall and almost made me lose the post I had worked so hard to get to.

I managed to regain control over the situation but my competitors had other plans. They sent threats, targetting those I cherished, and even almost kidnapped Minyul.

I will always remember the day I found him. That failed attempt made me stronger and vicious than ever. He was still so brave and although he was cowering in fear, he was the one assuring me.

Maybe 'Leo' is an apt nickname for my attitude but it was only because the monsters made me into one.

Cha Hakyeon.
Born in Changwon on 30th June. Age 26.
No family registry found.
Graduated from Howon University with many distinguished awards in academics and arts.
Clean records with straight As.

Nothing stood out and everything was clear. But why did I feel that there was something more? Something amiss? This was the first time I felt so bothered by a person and it puzzled me. It definitely wasn't anything bad but that didn't necessarily mean it was good either.

Feeling the increase in pressure around my temples, I placed the file down and sighed. A knock at the door stopped my internal dilemma.

"Enter."

The door opened and Ken walked in.

"I figured you may want to drink something."

He set down a cup and smelling the aroma of latte, immediately put me at ease.

"Thanks."

"Still checking on that fellow?"

"Yeah."

"Any anomalies?"

"He's... Too excellent."

"You complimenting someone after such a short period of time of knowing the person is a first for sure! Which means.. You still have your doubts."

I leaned back into my chair and looked at the ceiling. I recalled the conversation we had in the car before we left that day.

He handled the situation quite well for someone who doesn't seem to be related to any surreptitious activities. Maybe brave or just cautious. Unless he has a history hidden or erased. It would explain why his personality is too complex to categorise.

"Ah."

"What?"

"That's why."

Ken stared at me, now, in confusion. I looked back not wanting to share my realisation; I've never not been able to categorise people. Hence, when this stranger came into our lives, I've been intrigued and also alert.

I jumped from my seat, shocking Ken in the process, and got my jacket off the stand.

"I need more details. Get the car ready."

"Yes, sir."

Ken walked quickly in front of me and caught the lift just in time before it skipped our level. We stepped in and Ken pressed the button for the carpark.

"Taekwoon. You alright?"

"Um."

"You know if you need any help, I'm here right?"

I turned and smiled at him.

"Yes, Jaehwan. When have I never not relied on you?"

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I walked by him as I felt the atmosphere turned slightly 'cheesy'. Ken knew I wouldn't be able to take it so he continued to tease me about it as we got into the car.

"Do you have a plan?"

Ken asked after he was satisfied and had enough of joking around.

"Not really."

"Then, how are you going to get 'more details' ?"

"Over food."

Ken hummed in response and nodded away in understanding. He flicked the signal on and changed to the lane on the left. As soon as Ken got onto the road near the childcare, I unbuckled my seat belt. Ken parked the car and I swiftly got out.

I adjusted my suit as I walked on the pavement. I knocked on the door and soon a silhouette could be seen. It became more defined as the person approached the door. Hakyeon opened it and looked up at me, acknowledging my presence, as he maneuvered Minyul to me. Before he said anything, I spoke.

"Have dinner with us."

~
A/N:
Hello! Sorry for the late update.. I've been unwell and haven't had much time to write :( I have an idea for the flow of this story but if there is anything you want to see, let me know!