Alienation. That was the word that came to mind when I was stuck in this situation. It was a lovely night. However, suddenly everything came to a standstill when I saw them.

A few days ago, Taekwoon had given me the invitation to Minyul's Birthday Party at the Shangri-la Hotel & Resorts. We had our own rooms in the hotel for us to rest afterward. The thought of Minyul's birthday made me reminisce about Yonggun. His first birthday. My last.

The invitation allowed me to bring along another person. I decided to invite Hyuk along with me. He helped me without any hesitation for the zoo trip and he was also reaching his limit. The university had been piling more work and have no time to relax. I figured the party could help him destress and also meet the little boy who caught my attention.

Coincidentally, a classmate of mine actually also invited me to join him. Hongbin wanted to hang out with me because we hadn't met up in a while. I'd been busy trying to make ends meet and he also had new responsibilities given to him. We decided to meet at the party and I'll bring along Hyuk, who readily accepted.

In the morning, I had gone to the florist market. It was one of the best markets that had almost all types of flowers. I figured it would be a good idea to get some flowers for Minyul's mother. Although it was Minyul's special day, I felt it was a necessary gesture.

"Ahjumma, do you have some orange-peach roses? Please give me some of these carnations too."

"Sure, just a moment."

The lady left and shortly returned with the roses. Orange roses were known as the 'wild child' but the peach tone it had represented the meaning of appreciation. I also choose white carnations which mean pure love between parents and child. I quickly paid for them and went home.

Having less than 5 hours, I immediately got some leftover brown paper and started to wrap the flowers. Making flower bouquets was one of my hobbies I used to have. It had been a few years since I last made one so I was slightly nervous. Fortunately, when the bouquet was complete, I was pleased with how it turned out. Admiring the bouquet, I decided to start preparing since I had to meet with Hyuk first.

I quickly cleared the mess and headed for the shower. Then, I dressed in a simple black suit and styled my hair. I also sprayed some cologne on my wrist and rubbed against my neck. I checked my appearance once more with the mirror before putting the bouquet into a bag with Minyul's present and taking my leave. Thankfully, clothes and toiletries were provided so we didn't need to bring anything else.

Knowing Hyuk's habits, I had to get there first and leave some ample time before the event. I knocked and when the door opened, my worries were proved right. Hyuk groggily looked at me in his grey pajamas.

"Hyung? Why are you here so early?"

"Look at you! It's almost five and you are not even awake. I'm sure you haven't eaten either."

I walked in and went straight to his kitchen.

"I'm awake."

"Go get ready and I'll prepare some food for you."

Hyuk nodded in a daze and left, dragging his feet. I decided to make tuna rice balls. As I mixed the instant rice with seasoning with one hand, the other, grabbed some to taste it. Having not eaten much, it was delicious. Hyuk came out at that moment so I fed him a bit. He seemed to enjoy it because he gave me a thumbs up. I continued to press the ball, insert tuna, and roll it once more.

"I'll pack some so we can have it on the go."

Hyuk was dressed in an almost similar suit to me. The difference was it was a navy color with multiple thin white lines down. It also had a simple circular accessory. He grabbed his stuff and we left to the hotel.