Metal Glamour

[Mettaton]

"...*cough* *cough*..."

'Nothing was happening.'

[Alphys]

"Watch out! I'll save you! I'm hacking into the firewall right now!"

'The fire suddenly went out and Alphys stood with the human.'

"Oh no! How could this happen? Foiled again by the brilliant Doctor Alphys!"

"That's right! Give up already, Mettaton! You'll never be able to defeat us, not as long as we work together! Now give up and go home!"

"Oh! You've defeated me! How can this be? You were stronger than I thought, etc."

'Mettaton flew away.'

"L-looks like you beat him! Y-you did a really good job out there. I mean, I just wrote some silly programs. You're the one doing everything cool!.....hey...um...this might sound strange, but, c-can I tell you something? B-before I met you, I d-didn't really...I didn't really like myself that much. For a long t-time, I felt like a total screw-up. L-like I c-couldn't do anything w-without...without ending up letting everyone down. B-but! Guiding you has made me feel a lot better about myself. So...thanks for letting me help you. Uhh, anyway, we're almost at the CORE! Go through there, and you'll get right to the palace! Come on!"

'Alphys and the human continued through the CORE. Alphys saw something in the shadows and moved closer to the human.'

"H-huh? Who are they? Nobody else is supposed to be here...Anyway, let's j-just take the elevator up!"

'The human smiled and walked over to the elevator. But when Alphys pressed the button, it didn't open.'

"What? It should be working...I...I guess go through here."

'Alphys and the human walked to the right gate. But, somebody was there waiting.'

"Watch out! W-why are there so many monsters here?"

'The monsters left when they saw Alphys with the human.'

"I mean, it's no problem, right? We've just got to...got to move forward!"

'They came to a fork in the road. Well, actually hallway I guess.'

"Uh...uh...let's head right! W-wait, no! Head up! I mean...Sorry, I-I. R-right! Let's turn off these lasers, and...and...and I can't turn them off."

'Alphys was on her phone, probably trying to turn off the lasers, but it wasn't working. But, the lasers would turn off, then turn back on randomly.'

"D-damn it. This isn't supposed to happen, you aren't supposed to get hurt like this. No, no, we've got this. Just a little further. I-I've got everything under control! Everything's under control! Y-you should...you should...I don't know...This doesn't look like my map at all. I have to go..."

'Alphys left the human down a hallway. The human decided to continue without her and got to a door. They went through. After taking a few steps, they saw that a certain sexy rectangle was there waiting for them.'

"Oh yes. There you are, darling. It's time to have our little showdown. It's time to finally stop the 'malfunctioning' robot....NOT! Malfunction? Get real! This was all just a big show. An act. Alphys has been playing you for a fool the whole time. As she watched you on the screen, she grew attached to your adventures. She desperately wanted to be a part of it, so she decided to insert herself into the story. She reactivated puzzles. She enlisted me to torment you. All so she could save you from dangers that didn't exist. All so you would think that she's the great person that's she's not. And now, it's time for her finest hour. At this very moment, Alphys is waiting outside the room. During our 'battle', she will burst into the room and pretend to 'deactivate' me. 'Saving' you one final time. Finally. She'll be the heroine of your adventure. You'll regard her so highly, she'll even be able to convince you not to leave...or not. You see, I've had enough of this predictable charade. I have no desire to harm humans, far from it, actually. My only desire is to entertain. After all, the audience deserves a good show, don't they?"