Fallen Heartache

'The child got out of the bed Toriel tucked them in. They walked through the door to the living area. Toriel was sitting on a chair reading a book about snails. The fire was toasty and warm. The human's smile faded. They wanted to see the rest of the Undergroud. And they wanted to get back home. Their true home. Though staying with Toriel seemed nice and cozy, they wanted to see others.'

[Toriel]

"Up already, I see. Um...I want you to know how glad I am to have someone here. There are so many old books I want to share. I want to show you my favorite bug-hunting spot. I've also prepared a curriculum for your education. This might come as a surprise, but I have always wanted to be a teacher. Actually...perhaps that isn't very surprising. STILL. I am glad to have you living here. Oh, did you want something?"

*You tell Toriel you would like to go home.

"G-go home? What? T-this is your home now."

*You ask Toriel if you can go home

"Um...would you like to hear about this book I am reading? It is called, '72 Uses For Snails.'

*You repeated your question to Toriel

"Um, how about an exciting snail fact? Did you know that snails...make terrible shoelaces? Interesting."

*You ask Toriel how to exit the ruins.

"I have to do something. Stay here."

'Toriel got up and left, leaving towards the stairs to the basement. The fallen child followed after her.'

"You wish to know how to return 'home', do you not? Ahead of us lies the end of the ruins. A one-way exit to the rest of the Underground...I am going to destroy it. No one will ever be able to leave again. Now be a good child and go upstairs."

'The human continued to follow Toriel.'

"Every human that falls down here meets the same fate. I have seen it again and again. They come, they leave, they die. You naive child, if you leave the ruins, they...Asgore, will kill you. I am only protecting you, do you understand? Go to your room."

'The human followed.'

"Do not try to stop me. This is your final warning."

'The human followed.'

"You want to leave so badly? Hmph. You are just like the others. There is only one solution to this. Prove yourself, prove to me that you are strong enough to survive."

Oh my child

Didn't you listen to me?

"Well, you could still turn back, and we could finish some of that pie!"

Why can't you just be happy?

I don't want you to leave this happy home

It's not safe for a child out there alone

Didn't you listen to me?

If you go

I just want you to know

You can't come back

I know what's best, you'll be hurt, don't be a fool

And please understand I'm doing this for you

Think what you're doing, I love you too

If you will not fight back

The world will attack

You will not survive

You can't come back home, can't come back alive

If this is what you decide

Then know I did what I could

Wondering if I did what I should

Oh my child, please be good

"I know you want to go home, but...but please, go upstairs now. I promise I will take care of you here. I know we do not have much, but, we can have a good life here. Why are you making this so difficult? Please, go upstairs. No, I understand. If you truly wish to leave, I will not stop you. However, when you leave...please do not come back. I hope you will understand. Heh heh heh... Pathetic, is it not? I could not save a single child."

Couldn't save a child

Who's fallen down

But the ruins get very small around

You'd be unhappy here

Expectations, loneliness, and fear

I'll put them aside

For you, I cannot

Still be by your side

I wish I could

My child please be good

"Please, be good. I love you. And I will miss you my child."